Dinner Monday, 5/16/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya........

39817-albums960-picture6514.jpg

Nice, Joey!

We're having soup (creamy chicken and wild rice with mushrooms) and salad (mixed greens with bacon, egg, and tomato). Strawberry shortcake with pound cake for dessert later. Much later.

Dang, S&P, that looks good!

I spelunked some nice slices of frozen turkey breast and made gravy using BTB roasted chicken stock. Some carrot and celery sticks with dip. Rhubarb sauce.

Last edited:
Craig made tricolor pasta with Italian sausage, criminis, zucchini, rest of the fennel bulb, onions, garlic, stewed tomatos. A quick and easy standard.

Oooh....looks wonderful, Joey! :yum: As always, great sounding dinners this evening.

This evening's dinner was a BLT on toasted rye, using the first of my vine ripened tomatoes. :yum: A dill pickle spear and a few Sunchips were the sides. :)

Last edited:
DH picked up a couple of thick sliced pork chops yesterday. I stuffed them with a variety of cheeses and minced salami, browned them in my sauté pan and finished them in the oven.

For sides, I tossed red potato wedges with olive oil and Penzey's 4/S Seasoned Salt, Roasted Garlic and freshly ground black pepper and roasted them. I also cooked frozen green beans in the microwave in homemade chicken stock, Penzey's Fox Point seasoning and more of the Roasted Garlic powder. So good.

Attachments

• 1463451794518.jpg
    1463451794518.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 167
  • 1463451826881.jpg
    1463451826881.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 144
I was working outside repairing the shed, so for dinner I just walked over and put some newspaper in the chimney starter and some charcoal. Went inside and sliced up some potatoes and tossed them in an electric skillet with some EVOO and grabbed a packet of pre-formed burgers from the fridge. I salt/peppered them and threw 'em on the charcoal grille.

Only pot I dirtied was the electric skillet.

Finished up the lobster salad on hot dog buns and then had a couple of small pieces of baked Haddock to munch on. :angel:

Last month, for our anniversary, we went to a restaurant that we both like, but prices keep it on our 'special occasion' list. I had a wonderful scallop dish and when I got home I searched for a similar recipe as a starting point for duplicating it. I was very surprised to find the actual recipe on a local news site in their food section.

Made it last night and will definitely do it again. Sous vide sea scallops with an orange miso glaze, over a roasted corn and edamame succotash, on top of truffles grits. In the restaurant it was garnished with pork belly, but the recipe just called for bacon - I went with the belly and I'm glad I did.

I thought 135 for 30 minutes was too long on the scallops especially with the acid in the orange juice, so I did 130. Next time I'll cut back more and only do 15-20 minutes at 125. I suspect the time/temp in the published recipe might have been for liability reasons, with so many people paranoid about food safety.

Their picture is so much better than mine.

And the recipe...
Chef's Kitchen: Birch & Vine's Sous Vide Sea Scallops

Attachments

• 1424366325965.jpg
    1424366325965.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 121

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom