Dinner monday, 8/28?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think a frittatta and salad. No dessert. We need to trim some excess weight, and yesterday we treated ourselves to lunch out after church. Ate much too much.

I can't decide. I think some pear and cheese stuffed pasta that is in the fridge. Either that or Salmon. No, its the pasta. Thanks for the question, it forced a decision!

Supper tonight: pear and cheese pasta with some fresh parmesan and fresh peaches for pudding!

Tuna/Pasta bake, plenty of parsley and parmesan cheese.
I don`t wastes the brine in the tuna cans either, I boil the pasta in it instead of adding other salt.
I may add some home-grown Chilis to it as well, the odd fleck of red sets it off nicely.

it's 7:37am....I'm still working on morning coffee. I should be in work, actually:LOL:..

Dinner feels like it's 3 days away.

I have no clue yet. I need to go dig through the freezers to see what kind of meats I have, right off hand, I know we have ground beef & chicken. I don't really want either one of those. I may make meat loaf since we haven't had that in a while.

It's POURING again here and I don't feel like doing much of anything let alone think about what to make for dinner and try to guess who's going to be home.Jimmy is on call and as far as what Dennis and Laurie are doing is anybody's guess!!The only one I know for sure I will have to feed is Angel-puppy and she's not picky!!!

I think I'll make...No.
Maybe we'll have.... no.
I'd like to make...but that takes way to much work.

Hotdogs! ;)

Chicken something...that's all I can come up with right now. I hope some others are making chickie so I can steal their ideas. :LOL:

Hmmm, i have two little pkgs. - one of Escolar and one of Red Snapper, so will play with that.

Also, the farmer's mkt had a lot of goodies Saturday, so still eating that bounty.

Hey Jan, how about -
Either (catfish or chix) is good cold also!! ;)

OVEN FRIED CATFISH OR CHICKEN
Recipe By :a Chef's Journey

1/2 cup parmesan cheese -- grated
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
pepper
. Catfish fillets or Chicken breasts
2 eggs
Flour

Dip catfish/chicken pieces in flour, egg wash, then coat w/cheese mix.

Place on pam-sprayed sheet; spray chicken pcs. w/pam (if you're watching fat intake), or pour some melted butter over each piece
Bake at 350 F. 15-20 min. or till done
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

left over risotto made into patties and fried up, and tomato soup, made fresh thanks to the august harvest.

I got really, really lazy this weekend, even to the point of calling in pizza last night. I'm thinking of doing something really good tonight or tomorrow to make up for it. It'll probably be something simple involving tomatoes and what is left of the basil. Duh. Guess it will be pasta!

We Are Having Meatloaf, Tiny Potatoes Boiled And Then Top
With Melted Butter Garlic And Fresh Herbs.
Maybe Green Beans. And Then Cookies We Made Yesterday.

Either Chicken leftovers from last night ~ unless I can convince my daughter that should be her after school snack. Or Cheddar and Green Onion potato pancakes.

Meatloaf here too. I again don't follow a recipe but just throw the ingredients in. This time I'm going to take the time and write down what all I use and what amounts. Reason being is I'll get the recipe perfect 1 out of 3 times I make it.

Along with the meatloaf we'll have sour cream & chive mashed pototes, green beans with potatoes, onions and bacon. Oh and freshly sliced garden tomatoes.

I've copied Jean's (CJS) and am now off to look on pg 96 in Chef June's cookbook. :cool:

I'm having company for a week beginning on Wed and then a Labor Day get together for 20-25 on Sun. The last thing I want to think about is dinners for Mr HB and me. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom