Dinner, Monday Aug. 6th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Making a one pot meal tonight - smoked sausage, onions, red potatoes, fresh green beans, and cabbage wedges simmered slowly. Served with a sprinkle of vinegar, and warm bread.

Last edited:
Dang you're early for this one today Barb. I haven't decided yet, will have to see how the weather turns out. If it is stinking hot, either chicken breast with lemon and herbs on the BBQ, if not, maybe chicken cacciatore in the house. I'm also craving lasagne so that might be on the menu. Garlic bread and a HUGE salad are for sure no matter what we are haing.

I have some boneless chicken breasts in the refrigerator. I might make a breaded lemon and pepper chicken and bake it. Steamed green beans and than I'll cook them in a pan for a few minutes with butter and lemon/pepper seasoning and finally - red potatoes. I'm not sure how I'm going to do the red potatoes. I'm thinking I might mix them with some olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper and bake them.

I'm still sore from 36 holes of golf yesterday, so I don't want to go to the store.

Seeing as how my cupboards are presently almost bare, I think I'm gonna go with Special K w/ yogurt coated fruit and milk :P.

I bought some luscious HUGE red & yellow tomatoes at a local Farmers Market on Saturday. Some gold zucchini as well.

So tonight I plan to simply bake some boneless skinless chicken breasts & top them with homemade fresh salsa. Plan to serve them with a 1/2-&-1/2 mixture of gold & green zucchini & maybe some yellow rice.

I have a sirloin steak that's been marinating in the fridge since last night so that will definitely be part of tonight's dinner, but now I have to decide what else to make. I just find it difficult to think about food right after lunch :neutral:

G

same thing as last night;

fresh sweet corn(s):mrgreen:
lightly sauteed broccoli with cubed smoked ham and a couple of dollops of pesto stirred in. I was nervous about this combination, but it worked really well.

Something Sausagey.

I was planning on doing Cassoulet (I came into some Duck Confit at the weekend), but I'm too tired to do that tonight.

So will probably end up doing bangers 'n mash or something similar.

Ham a la crockpot with carrots and some kind of starch. I also made coleslaw.

a robust scotch pot.
3 meats, 2 kinds of taters, 4 vegetables, brown rice, white rice and barley, all in a rich broth, simmering away.
crusty bread, Caesar salad.
the man of my dreams is in Florida awaiting the launch, so I'm alone.
I'll eat like two people tonight.
smells so good in this house...​

I was in the studio making some music and my friend (also happens to be the producer) was making something in his kitchen when I arrived. He has a honey glazed ham, and I helped make an additional glaze which included bacon, pineapple, red bell pep, garlic, Marsala, mushrooms, some honey and some ketchup to thicken it.

it was pretty tasty. but that was a lonngg time ago.

right now im making some late night sushi rolls w/ imitation crab.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom