Dinner Monday, Dec 15th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
What is on the table tonight??? Too early for me, so I will have to get back to ya later!

Not sure yet either, Sattie, but I still have a little goat cheese left so am hoping DH will remember to pick up chicken breasts on the way home from work.

I don't know. It's a toss up between linguine with roasted red pepper sauce , or Fettincine Alfredo.

Chicken cacciatore here. A hugely garlicky caesar salad because no one has to go anywhere and I'm craving one bad. Hopefully it will kill all the lingering cold germs floating in our bodies. Heh heh heh...if not, it will ooze out our pores and keep people away from us so the new germs can't find us!

Fresh Maine Lobsta. @ 4.59 a lb. I'm picking up 4 for dinner tonight. :chef:

side salad should go good with that.

Leftovers for tonight...we'll probably have the pizza, and save the rib roast for tomorrow night. Funny thing, now that DH does most of the cooking, he doesn't mind leftovers at all.

Not sure yet either, Sattie, but I still have a little goat cheese left so am hoping DH will remember to pick up chicken breasts on the way home from work.

I would be happy with just the goat cheese!!! :LOL:

I'm thinking leftovers, got Italian stew, flat iron and spaghetti to pick from.

It is cold here so want something that will warm me up. I took chicken breasts out, not sure how I will do them, Marsala, picatta, chipotle cream, chili/garlic/yogurt....just too many choices! I do know I want mashed potatoes with the chicken.

It is cold here so want something that will warm me up. I took chicken breasts out, not sure how I will do them, Marsala, picatta, chipotle cream, chili/garlic/yogurt....just too many choices! I do know I want mashed potatoes with the chicken.

I would love to know more about the chipotle cream please!

Sattie, here is how I do the chipotle cream sauce. I just sautè a few chicken breasts and hold them in the oven in a cazuela until the sauce is done. I don't put any cheese (Monerey jack) on mine but my husband likes it on his.

Chipotle Cream Sauce for Chicken
3/4 cup milk
3 canned chipotles or 3 dried chipotles*
2-3 garlic cloves, or to taste
1/2-1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup cream

Combine milk, chipotles, garlic, cumin, onion powder and salt in blender and puree until smooth. In large skillet melt butter, add the flour and blend until lump-free. Add sour cream and cream, whisk until well blended. Stir in the chipotle puree, stir mixture until it thickens. Remove from heat and pour over sautèed chicken. You can top with cheese and put in oven until it melts.
*When I use dried chipotles I heat the milk and let the seeded chipotles steep for about an hour, cool and then put in blender.

I'm making the same thing, pdswife! Either that or fried ham with macaroni & cheese and salad.
Can anyone give me ideas for a flat iron steak? I see sattie has that on her menu tonight. I've never cooked one....

Well I did my ribs and they were great. I had asked some advice because I always dy them out and I don't have the big grills you guys use. So I slow cooked them all afternoon in pineapple juice (the ribs were already marinated). And baked them for the last hour - wow, lovely.

I'm thinking with a temp that has not gotten above ZERO today, it's soup night.
Corn chowder I'm thinkin.

Hmmm, pineapple juice. I'm going to remember that miniman.

I think I'm going to fry a couple hamburgers in a fry pan, make some fries, and some onion gravy out of the drippings. Gravy over everything. Some broccoli on the side.

Hmmm, pineapple juice. I'm going to remember that miniman.

I think I'm going to fry a couple hamburgers in a fry pan, make some fries, and some onion gravy out of the drippings. Gravy over everything. Some broccoli on the side.

That sounds tasty! Now I know why I come here for dinner ideas. Gotta thaw the burger in the microwave though.

Gonna have leftovers from last night, but I'd really, really like soup. It's nasty and bitter cold. A perfect soup night.

However, tomorrow's supposed to be ugly, too. I'll still have my chance for soup then. Especially if I'm housebound because of ice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom