Dinner, Monday July 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Skinless chicken breast off the gas grill on a bed of extra wide noodles garnished with fresh parsley. Big salad of mixed greens and the first tomatoes. Bannana walnut bread for dessert

Ugh. Since I spent all of last night until 3:30 a.m. walking a colic horse, today was a "Night of The Living Dead" day for me.

Thus tonight was "Linguini With White Clam Sauce" - Barelli Linguini served with clam sauce consisting of one can of Progresso White Clam Sauce combined with an additional can of chopped clams, 2 cloves of chopped garlic sauteed in some extra-virgin olive oil, & a small handful of chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley. I was able to make it in my sleep, & husband loved it - lol! Goodnight all!!!

keltin said:
I saw YT’s thread about Frikadellen and I had no idea what it was. On one website I saw, it was called “German meat patties”. I’ve got a friend born and raised in Hamburg, Germany, and he still lives there. He speaks good English (but I don’t speak any German :ermm: ), so I asked him if he had ever heard of Frikadellen and if he had a recipe. Here’s his reply:

"Lol, sure. It’s ground meat with onions and breadcrumbs. I think it’s called meatballs in English. I can ask my sister who is very good at healthy cooking (reduced fat etc.)."

I’m still waiting on his sister’s recipe. I need to bug him about it tomorrow. I’ve only been at DC for a short while, but WOW at all I’ve learned of late. You guys are having me constantly look things up! :LOL:

This is an interesting exchange. I've prepared a Swedish recipe called "frikadeller," which is a meatball/meat loaf kind of dish. Kind of fun to see how similar things are treated worldwide.

BreezyCooking said:
Ugh. Since I spent all of last night until 3:30 a.m. walking a colic horse, today was a "Night of The Living Dead" day for me.

Thus tonight was "Linguini With White Clam Sauce"

i thought you were gonna say you had brains for dinner! :rolleyes:

dw made braciola di maiale alla milanese (shake-n-bake :chef: ), with baked spuds and sour cream, apple sauce, and lesieur baby peas.

but i'm still hungry and workin' the graveyard shift, so i'm off to get souvlaki.

hmmm, maybe brains on a pita with tastsiki.

I helped a family in need yesterday in town, by making dinner and dropping it off at there house. I made enough so DH and I could eat the same thing.

Anniversary Chicken, which I have posted the link from all recipes before.
Side of Pasta and steamed zucchini.

Keltin, I don't think I'd met you. Glad to see another Southerner on the site. I'm still learning and I've been here quite a while. Welcome.

licia said:
Keltin, I don't think I'd met you. Glad to see another Southerner on the site. I'm still learning and I've been here quite a while. Welcome.

Thanks for the Welcome Licia! When I first signed up here, I didn’t post in the Introductions thread like a lot of new members do. I probably should have, but I ended up lurking and reading for a while and then just jumped right in one day. I love it here, and have to admit that DC is a very addictive place. Most of the stuff I cook (especially the comfort foods) has a very obvious southern flare to it, but I do like to broaden my horizons and cook a little bit of everything. :)

I've made quite a few recipes I saw on this site and haven't had a failure yet. I cook simply most of the time too, but like to go out on a limb now and again. Hope you fine some very interesting additions here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom