Dinner, Monday July 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Caine said:
Kentucky fried gerbil, mashed, green beans, biscuit with honey, and a can of Coca Cola Zero.

Surely you wouldn't lower yourself to Kentucky Fried Chicken! :LOL: Kim and I eat it once in a while, too. It's better some times than others. I do know they made a big deal out of reducing the fat in their food.

mmmmm, kfg. :cool:

for dinner, i made oven baked "fried" chicken thighs, white rice, and tomato/basil/balsamic salad.

dw had a lot of appointments, so my boy and i made veggie chilli this afternoon. i have so many gigantic zukes that i started out making a ratatouille. but i had soaked beans intending to make chilli this weekend with leftover pork tandoori, so i nixed the meat and ended up making a true veggie chilli.
whatever was in the fridge or pantry that needed to be used up went into the pot: red beans, onions, garlic, fennel, carrots, tomatoes, various peppers, corn, and of course zucchini; with oregano, basil, rosemary, parsley, thyme, cumin, brown sugar, and s&p.

Tonight was a Trader Joe's night. I made their Mandarin orange chicken with TJ's chicken fried rice. I doctored up the fried rice with snow peas, green onion, and a couple of dashes of soy sauce. I sprinkled the orange chicken with sesame seeds.

It was so hot here yesterday, I wanted something cool & quick for dinner. Bought a pound of large shrimp & dumped them in some boiling water for a couple of minutes, cooled & shelled them. Cut them into bite-size pieces, mixed them with a little chopped celery, chopped Vidalia onion, mayo, seasoned salt, & freshly ground pepper, & piled them into toasted whole-wheat "mini-sub" rolls lined with chopped Romaine lettuce.

BreezyCooking said:
It was so hot here yesterday, I wanted something cool & quick for dinner. Bought a pound of large shrimp & dumped them in some boiling water for a couple of minutes, cooled & shelled them. Cut them into bite-size pieces, mixed them with a little chopped celery, chopped Vidalia onion, mayo, seasoned salt, & freshly ground pepper, & piled them into toasted whole-wheat "mini-sub" rolls lined with chopped Romaine lettuce.

Those sound so yummy, a must try !

Barb L. - if I hadn't been shopping so early in the morning & was still in a fog, I would have had the foresight to have the market steam the shrimp for me, thus eliminating my having to cook them myself (not that that's such a big deal). If you have a market that does that for you for free like they do around here, it's definitely a timesaver.

Back
Top Bottom