Dinner, Monday July 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Monday night July 30, dinner plans

I just took a turkey tenderloin out of the freezer I'll rub it down with butter/olive oil/7 spice mix then bake it, have roasted potatoes w/ olive oil/rosemary/garlic/sea salt/pepper, grilled corn on the cob with chili butter, fresh peaches in creme fresh and spinach salad with walnuts/parm chards and cherry toms using my moms ruby red grapefruit and myer lemons as the base for the dressing.

Enjoy the beginning of your week and happy Monday!​

coriander rice, with fish done in chili, ginger, lime, and garlic and a little chopped parsley on top (it counters the garlic).

something with a chunk of fresh cabbage. Over the weekend I made Kadesamas' pork chops with onion sauce and I have a lot of that sauce leftover. I will certainly incorporate that onion sauce with the slightly cooked cabbage. Also am baking dinner rolls too.

Planked wild sockeye salmon, gilled new baby potatoes that have been parbpoiled and are marinating in OO and fresh herbs, yellow beans, grilled peppers. No dessert for us. And off to look for that onion sauce!:)

Edited to add, I found Kadesma"s Pork Chop @ Onion Sauce recipe. Yippeee!!

Last edited:
DH started back to work today and will be late so I have a chicken in the crock pot. I stuffed it with a head of garlic, some lemon and fresh parsely and added a bit of white wine to the broth. It smells wonderful already! We'll have it with fresh green beans, corn and baby red potatoes.

Found a nice pork tenderloin at the store yesterday.....I'm going make a roasted pork tenderloin with roasted apples and onions. Along side I'm making a herb dressing....just gotta love a fresh herb garden. Also, I found some really nice green beans and button mushrooms so I'll season and saute them...not quite sure what type of seasonings I'll sprinkle on those yet. I'd like to make a plum tart dish I saw on t.v. recently but don't have a tart pan. I may just go ahead and try it with a pie pan instead....don't see why it wouldn't work...might as well I went a little crazy in the fruit section :LOL:

Well since my garden is mass producing, dinner will mostly be from there:)
So, a pan of eggplant parmesan, a platter of sliced tomatoes,with evoo, shredded basil and sweet onion rings and balsamic,also a tray of my Italian long green pepper, cut the long way, blanched, then I'll dip in tempura, place on a cookie sheet and fill the hollow with pepper jack cheese and bake til melted.A loaf of crusty homemade bread and dessert off the trees of chilled sliced nectarines and peaches plain for me Ice cream for the others.. That should hopefully hold em til morning:LOL: Plus I got smart, will use the oven in the motor home and keep my kitchen COOL!;)
kadesma

Kentucky fried gerbil, mashed, green beans, biscuit with honey, and a can of Coca Cola Zero.

Caine said:
Kentucky fried gerbil, mashed, green beans, biscuit with honey, and a can of Coca Cola Zero.

The Zero should cancel out the fried gerbil. :LOL:

Cooking a pork tenderloin on the grill. Mashed potatoes and a bean salad recipe that I just saw on a cooking show. Dessert? Maybe a trip to the ice cream shoppe.

I made pesto from the garden yesterday, so I'll put that over some penne pasta, along with some parm and asiago cheese, and a caprese salad with garden tomatoes and basil, fresh mozzarella, evoo, red wine vinegar and coarse salt. Actually, I have some romaine and cucumbers, so I should make a bigger salad and use those, too.

Salmon and bowtie pasta salad with tomatoes, green beans, dill, baby spinach, lemon juice, evoo, salt & pepper.

I was hoping that someone else would ask but they didn't so.....What is a fried gerbil?

Kim grilled rib-eyes for us last night, and he fixed 2 extra for Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches tonight. I'll probably slice a fresh tomato to go with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom