Dinner, Monday March 17?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
In honor of St. Patty's day, I'm making Chinese potstickers! :ermm:

got various leftovers in the fridge to use up, so it is buffet night. Later this week I will do the corned beef brisket.

My father's side of the family is from County Cork, Ireland, so I have a nice big pot of corned beef cooking for corned beef and cabbage later. If I'm so inspired, I'll make some Irish soda bread to go with, have potatoes peeled and ready to be cooked and mashed. Killian's Irish Red is chilling in the refrigerator. More rum-raisin rice pudding for dessert.

The cabbage soup I made last week was so yummy (and healthy) that I'm making it again today. We're having that with rolls and then madelines with jam for dessert.

We're heading to Dublin and Killarney Thursday so I think I'll leave the Irish food for this weekend, tonight is leftover spaghetti bake.

I'm making a green risotto with peas, asparagus, lemon and thyme, topped with sauteed shrimp. I have chocolate ice cream drizzled with strawberry-balsamic vinegar and DH has oatmeal-raisin cookies for dessert.

Stinging nettles

Finally, spring, gives me a big pleasure to finally eat the stinging nettles which causes so much pain during the summer excursions. Eat them while they are small :)

The cabbage soup I made last week was so yummy (and healthy) that I'm making it again today. We're having that with rolls and then madelines with jam for dessert.

Love cabbage...love soup... care to share your recipe??

At DH's request, tonight I am making sauteed chicken breasts that will be breaded with crushed jalapeno pepper-flavored potato chips. Turns out he tried to do that once and he couldn't make the breading stay on the chicken. He and the cat ate the crumbs out of the skillet. I'll make some rice with poblano strips and corn and slice an avocado over it, maybe some fresh fruit to go with. We'll see how it goes....

it's in the oven, a cheese stuffed crepe, lasagna sauced, casserole. The ricotta cheese includes chopped broccoli and minced, sauteed beef heart that was sprinkled with some Penzeys' Chicago Steak Seasoning.

Corned beef, (turkey kielbasa for the non-red-meat-eating husband - lol!) butter-sauteed cabbage, oven-roasted root vegetables (potatoes, carrots, turnips, onions, garlic tossed with extra-virgin olive oil).

Corned beef sure does sound good but we have different plans.
Tomorrow is dh's bday and he will be working. I'm making all his favorite meals today instead. Dinner will be green chile frito pies and chocolate kahlua mousse pie for dessert.

Mmmmmmmm.

I looked in the fridge at exp. dates and changed dinner. Potstickers can wait for tomorrow.
Eggs were up in 4 days, ham in 2, potaoes on their last.

Fritatta night!!!!!

We had a spicy rubbed pork tenderloin, rice, and broccoli. I have a bit O' Irish in me, but I must be one of the few that does not like corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes.

Roasted Lemon and Herb chicken, stuffing, and roasted asparagus with garlic and grape tomatoes.

Back
Top Bottom