Dinner, Monday, May 1st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight is one of our grandsons first baseball game so I'm

hoping for a hotdog at the field. If they don't have a food stand then it will be hotdogs after the game at home.

Yummy, Amber...I'm coming to your house!

I sent Kim out to the deep freeze last night, to get something for tonight, and he came in with steaks. How predictable is that! :LOL: I guess we'll have the same old baked potato and asparagus spears with it, since that's his fave.

smorgasbord from the weekend...potato salad, cold grilled/smoked chicken, baguette rubbed with garlic, salad, fruit, olives, cheeses

I think I am just going to throw together some potato cubes with ground turkey, and onions then top with vegetarian chili, melted velveta, sour cream and some hot sauce.

I'm trying a new recipe - sauteed chicken and garlic and roasted red pepper on top of chicken breast topped with fontina cheese served with couscous.

Perfect cooked eye of round beef steak, potato pancakes, corn with scallions, fresh egg bread and merlot......

I've got to wing it. I don't get paid until tomorrow, and the freezer's basically empty. I'm going to make a "from scratch" version (read: semi-homemade) of Cheesy Mexican Chicken Helper with rice. I've got the chicken, a can of Nacho Fiesta Cheese sauce, plenty of rice, veggies, chicken stock, etc. If it works (and I'll know if about 15 minutes), I'll post the recipe on the Chicken board.

Well, it's done. The kids are eating it, but I'm not sure yet how they like it. It's good, but could use a tweaking. See the recipe on the Chicken board.

The Rockies lost :(

but we had chili dogs and beer for the game.

Double strawberry ice cream w/fresh strawberries on top for dessert :)

Just did a little suf 'n turf trio. Wasn't feeling too creative today.

Grilled Petite Filet Mignon with Merlot Demi; Grilled Lemongrass Skewered Tiger Prawns with Saffron-Coconut Sauce; Pan Seared Halibut with Ginger-Lime Butter Sauce
Peruvian Sweet Potato Mousseline, Sauteed Vegetables, Pea Shoot Salad

$38.00

I also ended up drizzling some Basil Oil and Chili Oil around the plate to give it more color but not when I took the pic.

Attachments

• sampler.jpg
    sampler.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 221
Last ngiht's dinner was Salsa Sour Cream Chicken made in the crockpot & used to fill crisp blue corn taco shells, which were then topped with fresh chopped tomatoes, lettuce, sweet onion, cilantro, & shredded cheddar cheese. Delicious.

man, i wish i was as boring and uncreative as iron chef... you get me so hungry, dude. gonna try the lemon grass skewered shrimp this summer on the grill, also rosemary and mint skewers.

last night i broiled some hawaiian teryaki marinated pork chops, and boneless chicken hoot.., er, breasts.:) i made a delicious and simple mango salsa, sliced the chicken on the bias and fanned it out, made a line of the salsa over the top, drizzled it with a sauce made of meat juices and teryaki sauce, served with a side of peruvian sweet potato mousselline. lol, j/k, it was served with a regular ol' baked potato, since i had the broiler crankin'. still, it looked nice on the plate when i brought it upstairs.
then dw told me she had some kielbasi that she made our son for dinner, :( , so i hope she ate what i made today.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom