Dinner, Monday May 5th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Wow, am I really the first today?

We are doing comfort food tonight - Bavarian Smokies, warm potato salad, sauerkraut (for me only) and broccoli salad

I have no idea, I better figure it out.
I have a bag of spinach I need to use, maybe a salad of sorts.

WOW everyone's dishes sound so good...care to invite me over?;) I got a suggestion from another member to try pork chops cooked with apples and sweet potatoes...maybe some spicy corn as a side dish...

Ended up making elbow macaroni w/ (gasp!) jarred sauce...
I'm sorry it won't happen again, it's yardcare week!

That's the best you could do Suzie?
I have a whole bag of spinach, too. I was hoping for a little inspiration....

Another day.....
unless you travel to trade yardwork for food.........

Tonight was left-over night: fried chicken, potato salad, cole slaw, and corn on the cob.

That's the best you could do Suzie?
I have a whole bag of spinach, too. I was hoping for a little inspiration....

Pacanis, I saw an old episode today of Chef at Large (I don't know if you get Michael Smith's shows in the US) where he was checking out an armed forces training kitchen. They made a potato and leak soup. They steamed fresh spinach, drained it and then seasoned it with lemon juice and butter. They then put a ring mould in the centre of the bowl, filled it with spinach and poured the soup around it. The also put a half a baby potato cut side up (with three chives in it) in the middle of the spinach before removing the mould, for presentation.

There, is that inspiration for your bag of spinach? :rolleyes: Either that or you can invite Popeye over for dinner! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom