Dinner, Monday, Nov. 27th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
i have chicken breasts, firm tofu (marinated in sesame-teryaki), snow peas, bok choy, scallions, ginger, garlic, beets, carrots, various hot and sweet peppers, broccoli, and leftover garlic sauce from take-out, so i was thinkin' of a stir fry.

there's also leftover italian, indian, homemade chilli, some disgusting stuffed poached chicken i made the other day, and hot chicken sausage and peppers (that was very tasty, ahem) in the fridge.

my guess is i'll end up eating when i get in to work tomorrow night.

whatcha eatin' today?

Last edited:
Kolokythopitta (Greek courgette pie) - hooray - salad and julienne potato cake. As the oven will be on, I might make an apple crumble or a carrot cake too, most likely the crumble.

it's 10 after 6 in the morning. I'm about out the door to go to work where I'll be up to my neck in menus and cooking all day. I have a feeling when I get home I'll be in the mood for .............apple pie.

care to share your apple pie recipe, vb?

dw made a coupla blue ribbon pies for toikey day, but i have 2 extra crusts (bought the wrong kind :( ) that i'd love to make my own pie.

mine doesn`t actualy Have a name per se, but basicly it`s beef brisket that I cooked about a month ago in chilis, that will be cubed up when defrosted and added to the leftover gravy from last night, with sliced onion and garlic, dried fenugreek, a little asafeotida and beer, then simmered until the gravy gets thick.
this will be served with Basmati rice.

it may sound a liitle odd or even disgusting, but it`s actualy quite nice :)

dice the chiken up into bite size peices, roll in seasoned flour and then in a batter mix, then deep fry them and use the leftover dressing as a dip :)

lyndalou said:
I've got some leftover dressing and 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Any suggestions?

Depends on how much dressing you have left. It's very common in the southern U.S. to mix in cooked chopped up chicken in dressing :chef: If you have any broth or stock you could poach the breasts and then cool, chop and add to the dressing. Serve with a salad or vegetable on the side and it's a complete meal.

Fraidy

I have some chicken thighs thawing out but I haven't decided what to do with them yet. Since we've had chicken pot pie, chicken & dumplin's, & fried chicken in the last week, I may just bake them & then cover with bbq sauce for the last few minutes of cooking time. We'll have cole slaw & baked beans with the chicken.

Be careful, crewsk--with all that chicken you're going to sprout feathers soon!

We're having leftover turkey tortilla soup and salad.

dh is working today so I don't usually think about dinner until the kids are in bed. I'll probably figure out what I'm having at about 8pm. Maybe breakfast for dinner, if we have any eggs.

I know I'll be having chocolate cake for dessert! I'm planning on making one today.

I think we're doing a chicken stirfry tonight too. Not quite like bucky's, just some chicken breast, various veggies, extra broccoli, water chestnuts, oyster sauce over rice.

For dinner it's venison veggie soup and for supper it's pork chops, boiled potatoes, milk gravy and green beans and rolls. Ice cream for desert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom