Dinner, Monday, Oct. 22?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
All three of us are probably eating in shifts tonight:rolleyes: so I've browned some ground turkey and added black beans, chopped tomatoes with green chiles, some chili powder, cumin and oregano. That'll be easy to reheat and add to either soft taco fixin's or a bed of lettuce for a taco salad when we're all ready and able to eat.

Nice thick rib eye steaks, a twice baked for DH and kids, small sweet dumpling squash for me, avocados, stuffed with baby shrimp as salad,green beans with garlic and bacon, rolls and apple cake for dessert.
kadesma:)

monday night tradition: red beans and rice with smoked sausage, green salad, and cornbread.

lb

I was going to grill pork chops but then looked up a recipe on here and decided to give it a try. It is cooking now and smells delicious. Add some mashed potatoes, side stuffing, green beans and applesauce.

Thank you Katie E. For some reason I wanted to try the ground turkey taco's she told us about. I did it a little different though. I didn't use a crock pot. I cooked spinache in one pot and cooked up the ground "pork" in a pan. I threw the taco seasoning into the cooked pork pan and water and than added the cooked spinache. I probably could of cooked a little more spinache. I than shredded about 2 carrots and threw that into the pan. Simmered it for a little while.

We eat it inside of the pita bread with sour cream and some salsa that I bought.

I thought it was good. I was surprised to hear my DH rave about it. Sometimes he doesn't rave about things that i'd expect him to rave about. Well he raved about this taco sandwich for sure!!!!!

I had boneless pork ribs, mashed potatoes, and petite peas. James is jealous. He said they had "Possum Stew" at school tonight. LOL I'm sure it was some kind of chicken thing (that is what they had the last time he said they had possum stew). If he had known they were going to have that he could have ordered a salad or a sandwich, but the menu said potato soup and chicken salad sandwiches. Poor guy!

:)Barbara

it was battle of the kitchens in our house tonight. dw went food shopping today, craving shake-n-bake pork chops, to my chagrin. i took the packages of chicken that were about to go bad in the fridge, and off i went.

in the upstairs kitchen, dw made the pork chops, brown rice, and steamed string beans.

in the downstairs kitchen, i made the arroz con pollo that i had planned for last saturday.
i made an aciote oil, in which i "browned" some seasoned chicken thighs and breasts, then set them aside. i tossed in some diced shallots, a load of sliced garlic, some quartered crimini caps, and let it sweat a minute before adding water and rice. brought it to a boil, snuggled the chicken back into the saute, covered tightly and simmered it on low for 30 minutes, until the water was absorbed. i topped it with strips of red bell pepper and parsley.

both dinners were good, and i have a lot of leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Last edited:
We have a touch of the flu going around so I made a big batch of chicken noodle soup and served it with garlic bread.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom