Dinner - Monday, October 16th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
What is everyone having for dinner today?

After a rather pleasant fall-like weekend, this is a true Monday. Cold, windy and crappy. And rainin' like a mad bandit. This'll knock leaves off the trees plenty.

I had something else planned for tonight's dinner but, after looking outside, I decided today was a minestrone day. If this isn't a soup day, I don't know what is. Mmm, mmm, good!:chef:

Turnip curry....one of my favourites! Vegetarian, lowfat, light but warming all at the same time. I usually have it either alone, or with a pilau or biriani style rice, but tonight its plain boiled rice.

gonna make a pasta dish to use up a large quantity of fresh broccoli, saute chopped broccoli with garlic, bit of lemon juice and parmesan cheese sprinkled on top, with a lovely potato salad I saved back a few portions of from the week end potluck/weinie roast.

Yes, minestrone soup and curry sounds great and for that matter Greek Fasolada (Spicy Bean Soup) as well!

A small slice of pork fillet, two new potatoes and some green beans. All eaten much earlier than usual as I'm off for an operation on my nose tomorrow (not plastic surgery, so I'll look just as bad as ever afterwards). Wish me luck.

hoping for vegi pizza hubby took out walleye and northern pike. really
don't feel like fish tonight to cold in these parts

Shrimp Creole

with rice, a nice salad and a bottle of sauvignon blanc. We need something just a bit spicy today.

Pork roast, potatoes, gravy, some kind of cooked veggie, crisp green salad with lots of tomato, and if I continue to feel this good we may have some kind of freshly baked dessert too!

MmmmmmmmGINGER COOKIES!! That sounds wonderful! Are they soft ones or snaps? Is the recipe posted here anywhere Essie?

Well, it seems my son is already eating leftover macaroni and meatballs from yesterday.
I may just have hoodia!...and a cup of tea.

Lamb burgers and salad. Unless Paul has to work late. If so, it'll be soup and sandwiches.

I hadn't thought about what I want to eat for dinner. It must be something that doesn't have a lot of calories. I think I will make a nice soup with lots of potatoes, celary, carrots, and any other vegetables that I have in the house.

Looks pretty overcast outside so the soup will warm me up.

Snoop Puss said:
A small slice of pork fillet, two new potatoes and some green beans. All eaten much earlier than usual as I'm off for an operation on my nose tomorrow (not plastic surgery, so I'll look just as bad as ever afterwards). Wish me luck.

Good luck to you, Snoop Puss. I hope you enjoy a speedy recovery.

Lots and lots of luck Snoop. Let us know how you do! I'll be thinking of you.

Back
Top Bottom