Dinner Monday, October 2nd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
leftover chicken sliced over a salad with homemade tomato/eggplant soup (I call it my New Jersey soup)

I called in sick today! ahem, cough cough, hahaha. Lou is still here, not back in Philly, as usual for a Monday.

I've got no immediate plans for dinner, but an afternoon bike ride in the park sounds wonderful!

I think I am going to make a large batch of spaghetti and meat sauce and some garlic bread so I will have leftovers during the week.

I'm making breaded chicken cutlets, onion and garlic mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and peas.

After a weekend of a little too much rich foods and lots of alcohol(wedding on Sat and christening on Sunday)-I'll be making a lite dinner of marinated grilled chicken over salad.

I've got two chicken breasts thawing... not sure what to do with them though.

Paul loves mashed potatoes so I might borrow Amber's idea and make some garlic mashed to go along with them.

Hubby & the kids are cooking pork chops for me tonight. I don't know what else he has planned to go with them or how he's planning on cooking them. It should be interesting though! No matter how it turns out or how many times they ask for help, I'll love it all!:in_love:

Chicken here also,
I'm thawing out some wings, not sure if I want to fry or bake yet. Leftover black beans and rice and steamed broccoli for sides.

Seven S said:
shame on you verablue! :)

No, no shame. I deserve it. I do, I really really do. I checked in a couple of times...and then discovered the new district manager and the regional VP were coming in today. Oh well.....

The ride in the park was wonderful! Had practically all 10 miles of it to ourselves.

Ahem...I'm feeling much better now!

Besides, as a nation, Americans are extremely overworked and underappreciated. I have 12 sick days accrued because I never use them. I considered today a 'mental health' day.

:LOL::ohmy::LOL:

VeraBlue said:
I called in sick today! ahem, cough cough, hahaha. Lou is still here, not back in Philly, as usual for a Monday.

I've got no immediate plans for dinner, but an afternoon bike ride in the park sounds wonderful!

me too sorta went in for my morning meeting and left needed to pick up
a sick child:ohmy: i need to go to confession now.

hubby was gone most of the weekend sunday we went to the chiefs game
with family and friends so we needed sometime together to just relax

ruebens and i think tater tots

Tonight I will make Chicken Fettuccini - chicken tenderloins, broccoli and fettuccini in a creamy alfredo sauce with caramel apply dessert.

Taco Mac and Cheese Dinner. A Mexi take on mac and cheese using taco seasoning, browned ground beef and salsa. Topped with chopped tomatoes, green onions, avocado and sour cream. It will give Buck an excuse to use hot sauce.:LOL:

Grilled salmon tossed with pasta and sauteed veggies. I should go prep now while Sofie's actually napping :shock: so we can eat early and get to the park before it gets dark. Verablue's right--it's a beautiful day out!

Crewsk, I hope your day's going great!

Back
Top Bottom