Dinner New Year's Eve 12/31...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Steamed Mussels, Clams in White Sauce & Garlic Butter ove #8 Pasta ;
Antipasti, carried in ...

Mussels in Garlic Butter.jpg

Yum LT, that looks mouthwateringly good.

I made a chuck roast with roasted carrots and mashed potatoes and gravy.
We have ice cream and chocolate sauce for later. Too full right now.

I was going to butterfly a pork tenderloin and stuff it with garlic, rosemary, and dried tomatoes and then roast it. I took stuff out of the fridge and pantry and then I just completely pooped out and had to give up. Stirling made breakfast for supper: sunny side eggs, fried Italian sausage, home fried potatoes, and toast with butter. It was good and it was filling.

I hope I have the spoons to cook that pork tenderloin tomorrow, since it is defrosted.

We started watching our kitchen TV with Anderson Cooper in Times Square at our dinner time with our special NYE wine and an appetizer tray I had planned. Delicious goodies, and good company. We'll welcome in 2020 with the NY show at 9:00 pm our time and be in bed at our regular bed time. Exciting, right?

Happy 2020 everyone!!!

Last edited:
I never got around to making dinner. Simmered smoked neck bones for New Year's greens and black-eyed peas. When the time came to pick the meat off the bones, I was a little drunk and a lot hungry. Instead of saving the pork, I just ate it all.

We had to run errands yesterday, so we got Chinese for lunch. For supper we had fried chicken, mashed potatoes, a salad, and homemade fudge. Mom got up at 11:30 and watched the ball drop drop with me on NBC. We had hot chocolate while it was going down (and my blood sugar went up - but I only have it once a year).

Happy New Year! I just had a small selection of finger foods, including the traditional NYE Lit'l Smokies pigs in a blanket.

CD

Back
Top Bottom