Dinner November 29th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sheesh! I don't know what I'm having. I want something quick and easy but I promised dh I'd bring him his fave pasta dish to work tomorrow. So I probably should make that and give him the leftovers. Oh well, I guess that's it decided. It'll be pasta in a parmesan cream sauce tossed with steamed broccoli and browned chicken. Red pepper flakes, that really makes the dish. I think I'll have a coke to drink (so I'll be eating after the kids are asleep. lol).

It was very cold here today, not as cold as where Alix lives, but cold enough. The low was 8 degrees F. and high was 34 degrees F. :glare: All this cold air has made me crave comfort foods. So, I made hamburger gravy and mashed potatoes with creamed corn and salad.

i slept all day, then cleaned the carpets upstairs with the steamer, then wasted an hour in the dmv trying to renew my driver's license (i forgot to bring a check :( ), so there was no time to cook. we ended up with sushi from our new favourite place.
we split a salad with avocado and ginger-shallot dressing, and then enjoyed a coupla assorted sushi platters, a salmon skin handroll, and a godzilla roll.

it sounds better than it was, sc. it's just slices of eel on top of a large california-like roll. not sure of everything in the roll, but it was mostly avocado and kani.

middie said:
And the weather is fine by me Pa. Been in the 60's all week. Not looking to the cold front coming this way on Friday. Nope no way.

It was in the low 70's (farenheit) yesterday in west Tennessee. Today it's supposed to be a little cooler during the day then the temps are supposed to drop drastically by about 20 degrees by nightfall. Overnight the lows will go from what has been the 50'sF to the 20's. On top of that, it's supposed to rain today. So overnight into Friday the weather folks are predicting what they lovingly call a "wintery mix", which basically means it's probably going to sleet like mad and make the roads slick as... well, you know.

We generally don't get a nice blanket of snow, as Skilletlicker can attest to. We get ICE. And that's no fun, no fun at all :unhappy:

Fraidy

Fraid I thought that only happened in Cleveland lol. It's raining here today. High's are dropping from the 60's to the 40's. Then monday the high is only supposed to be 29 !!!! Get me outta this darn state !!!!!!!!!

Come on down middie - I'm in need of hearing that midwest accent my sister had - the only midwest accent I hear right now is my - "Aunt Vicky, I love you, I need some money" :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom