Dinner, October 11th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
whatcha cooking tonight?

depending on the familial vote, i'm either going to make a pasta dish with the beef tenderloin trimmings, as college cook suggested in another thread. or possibly beef stroganoff, as per andy. or finally, i may make a variation on my tnt roasted chicken with gravy.

i made a version of a drunken chicken last week, using a method of steaming the bird in white wine and aromatics in a large saute, then roasting it in the same pan to finish. the pan gravy was very good, but i think i could improve on the technique and overall flavor by raising the bird up on a rack, stuffing it with the some of the aromatics (onion, lemon, garlic, rosemary), adding my dry rub, and using the wine just for basting and to create the gravy.

I made a venison chili tonight and we'll be having the leftover tomorrow. Very yummy.

Tonight I'm making meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, and green beans cooked with garlic and a can of diced tomatoes.

I'll be there! That's one of my fave meals, and I haven't had it in a long time.

We've got enough leftover chicken and dressing for tonight. We broke it up with Maid Rites last night, so we didn't get burnt out on the chicken.

Since we're just getting settled back in, I'm going to keep it simple and just make cheese ravioli with tomato sauce with lots of extra veggies added in. If I get up the energy to go out in the rain, I'll pick up the fixings for garlic bread.

I have no idea yet. Just home from vaca.
In my "real" kitchen now and don't know if I remember how to use one.
Not lacking in the food department, must ask husband what he's fancying and I'll go from there.

I found half a meatloaf sandwich from Boston Market stashed back in the corner of the refrigerator. It's from Kitty Adoptions lunch this past Saturday. I'm gonna nuke it and eat it with a cup of macaroni salad left over from Labor Day. I hope it's still good! :sick:

What I make will depend on who's coming to dinner. I have one border and a DH who are sick and another border writing a final exam and may go out to either celebrate or drown sorrows! Probably end up with a pot of my chicken soup that everyone can help themselves when they feel like it. Hmmmm now it's got me thinking - some biscuits to go with that.... an apple crisp for dessert! Ahh for comfort food. But the meatloaf sounds good too (and if I make enough I have some left for sandwiches).

Meatless tonight, so it's going to be Sicilian white beans with Parmesan, homemade baguette and that banana-coconut creme pie that we didn't get to last night. More like fall here now. Can't wait to drag out my soup pots. Yeah!!!

My SIL and her friend is coming in to town tonight and I made a big batch of Puttanesca last night. If they arrive in time, we'll have that. If not, I'll make fixins for tostados. I still have some garden fresh tomatos and a couple of avocadoes that need to be used.

May I ask what Puttanesca is? sounds interesting.
It's a quick spaghetti sauce. I saute an onion then add some garlic and a few minced anchovy filets, then a can of tomatoes, a little wine and let it simmer. At the end I add diced kalamata olives, capers and chopped basil. It's a sauce that cooks in about the same time as it takes to cook the pasta.

we're just having tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. we are hitting the road tomorrow a.m. and spending the w/end in the mountains. I made chicken enchiladas, steak marinade, brownies, etc to take with us so I'm too pooped for a big dinner tonight.

we're just having tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. we are hitting the road tomorrow a.m. and spending the w/end in the mountains. I made chicken enchiladas, steak marinade, brownies, etc to take with us so I'm too pooped for a big dinner tonight.

Yea, but....grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup are comfort food for me. Yum!

Well, the meatloaf in the sandwich from Boston Market must have been loaded with onions, because it has been revisiting me every 10 or 15 minutes all afternoon.

I'm so hungry, but I haven't even started cooking supper yet. I liked my pork hash and green beans so much earlier this week that I am about to make that again. I might do baby peas instead of green beans. I guess I will know when I get to that point. :chef: On my way to the kitchen now!

:)Barbara

Okay, chicken soup and biscuits turned into steak, baked potatoes and home made ciabatta buns with garlic butter. Everyone was feeling better...before and after the meal!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom