Dinner on Feb 1st??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
:) I was going to make stuffed cabbage but I just remembered that I have to babysit the neighbors little boy all afternoon... so I'm going to make a Stuffed cabbage casserole instead. It's much easier.

What are you guys going to make?:)

Since Dh is out of town til fri. morning, I'm doing just for me so far:LOL: I had some leftover polenta, that I'm going to slice into good sized cubes and then fry in butter and top with sauteed mushrooms,garlic,parsley,shallots and a little marsala..I'm also trying somthing different with some fresh brussels sprouts, cutting off stem end, then separating leaves, then drop into boiling water and cook about 7 minutes then dress with a bacon vinagrette..Hope it tastes good:LOL:

My DH is out of town too, my daughter and I like to "wing it" when he is gone, we usually put jammies on and sit on the couch and eat pasta with butter and fresh parm -

Michelemarie said:
My DH is out of town too, my daughter and I like to "wing it" when he is gone, we usually put jammies on and sit on the couch and eat pasta with butter and fresh parm -
Michelemarie,
sounds like fun and yummy as well..Enjoy your night.

kadesma:)

PA Baker said:
We're ordering a pizza--it's been a rough day.:wacko:

the H is late at work tonight, so I was going to give the kids leftovers till I read this and my stomach growled. Good idea! We'll get pizza too! (and watch American Idol hopefuls while we're at it)

I spent the last two days in Reno, NV at a Vegetation and Fuels Management Conference. My brain has been well stimulated, but my butt has gone numb from sitting too much. Tonight, my coworkers and I stopped and picked up Chinese takeout. I had kung pao beef, spicy orange chicken, veggie stir-fry, and pork chow mein.

Tonight was special since my daughter's Korea friend's mom brought us some pork filled pot stickers with a delicious dipping sauce and some Korean apple pie. Aside from that I cooked some Shake-N-Bake chicken, rice and sweet peas.

On another post about strange food combinations, I mentioned that my eldest daughter asked me to make a pizza with bacon, avocado and feta cheese. It didn't sound very appealing....but, I did it. As a back-up, I made two other pizzas - one plain(ish) with just tomato sauce and mozarella and a bit of fresh garlic, and the other also with the tomato and mozarella, but also loaded with mushrooms, fresh garlic, onion and little grape tomatoes cut in half. Well, they all came out okay, but, surprisingly enough, that bacon/avo/feta one was really nice (also had the tomato and mozarella cheese on it). I cooked the bacon to a crisp first, then my daughter cut it into strips instead of crumbling it as I would have, and placed it attractively over the pizza, which already had the tomato sauce & mozarella chees on it. My Italian friends (we live in New Joisy, after all) are Apalled, but I suggested to them to not think of it as pizza anymore, maybe just a really unusual sandwich. Ag, anyway, it was fun.

tonight was grilled pork chops, garlic mashed, and steamed sauteed stringbeans and baby carrots drizzled with evoo, and sprinkled with seasoned salt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom