Dinner on February 8th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
We are having gnocchi tonight. No quattro formaggio here though, strictly marinara. We will also have a mixed baby greens salad.

Kim went to the butcher's up in St. Libory yesterday to take his venison to be made into salami, and he brought home some fresh ground chuck, among other treasures. We're having burgers on the George Foreman tonight.
I enjoy a really good burger as much as I do a steak. Just wish I had a garden fresh tomato to go with, but the garden is covered with snow right now.

Michelemarie said:
so sad, i have no idea! dh out of town and i have a bad cold - sadly and embarrassing enough, i think top ramen.

Oh MM... if you are suffering a cold you need something more nutritious and uplifting than ramen!!

Come over and share some avocado, chicken and cashew salad wrap with us!!:)

Ham hocks and lima beans, sans the limas:devilish: husband hates the very word. Therefore, I'm soaking/pressure cooking white kidney beans instead. He'll eat those. I love how the sauce thickens when the beans are really tender and the meat from the hocks falls off into huge succulent chunks...other ingredients are finely chopped onion and a small amount of finely chopped celery too, Paula Deens House seasoning and that's it. I have Romaine Hearts and Nanna's Bleu Cheese Salad dressing. Plus, I can't go wrong with chopped spinach as the vegetable. No dessert but bet DH will have a Snickers. <<(From the case of 48 that I couldn't resist buying!):whistling

I'm having "de-constructed" sushi - too lazy to make the rolls so I put the rice in a bowl, topped with spicy tuna (chopped mixed with Tiger Sauce), regular tuna, salmon, eel, a little chopped fresh cilantro, fresh chopped chives, wasabi-flavored masago, bits of cream cheese, soy sauce and a bit more spicy sauce. Toss well and eat!

Michelemarie - ramen noodles are comforting when sick. You can let an egg poach for some added protein (I also add a bit of Tiger Sauce but you may not feel like it) and today I poached an egg and added fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime, along with the Tiger Sauce. I don't feel too bad eating ramen noodles if I use 1/2 a packet of seasoning and add some protein.

I've been busy and I just realized when I read this - I FORGOT TO EAT! :doh:

Looks like it's beer for me!

John

I went to dinner with a bunch of friends, because one of them is leaving to work in Idaho as a truck driver. :( I was still full from the potluck we had a work (a ton of food bought by coworkers and French dip sammies made from tri-tip smoked on the grill). Consequently, for dinner I tried to keep it light with two shrimp tacos and only was able to finish one full taco and picked out the good stuff out of the other.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom