Dinner on Monday, March 3rd.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We shall be forced to eat leftovers tonight... so many toooo many to chose from. MUST CLEAN OUT FRIDGE!!!

Your recipe is almost exactly a traditional Boston Baked Bean recipe, attie, and looks great to me! We use a chunk of salt pork in place of the ham hock, but I love your idea.

We ARE a big baked bean-eating region here, and yours is the real thing!

But .... what's Pasatta?

Lee

Passata is simply sieved tomato pulp, no skin, no seeds Lee so I guess there's plenty of subs around.

We're going out for pub grub tonight. It's time for a greasy cheeseburger, fries and a couple games of pool:)

hubby and I went out this afternoon, by time we got back I made a quick supper. I guess I would call it LadyCook's Chili ;)
Browned some ground beef, added sliced red peppers, yellow peppers, 2 cloves minced garlic, sweet onion, salt , ground pepper, can of diced tomatoes and can of dark red kidney beans. Towards the end of cooking time, I add about 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil and one teaspoon chopped parsley. Served in bowl, with sprinkling of shredded Fontinella cheese, and my crusty bread, slathered with butter.

Spaghetti made by DW. I am not allowed to cook yet, but I think that is one order I may just disregard in its entirety. She just doesn't put the same effort into that I do...

I hate when a good piece of steak has so much grizzle and fat [that isn't obvious at first view]. I will give it to DH tomorrow for his lunch but not before cutting through it to remove the ick. Disappointed woman here but will make a real nice salad in place of that steak for me. The roasted veggies and salad will make a complete meal for moi...

crockpot pork country ribs, roasted potatoes, and corn muffins , i put green chilies and whole kernal corn. oh and green beans. have lemon pit for dessert store bought.

had company and everyone said, just wonderful

babe:chef::chef:

Chicken-vegetable stirfry, beensprout with something else smaller stirfry, salad, soup and some kind of noodles. I didn't make this meal, my father did. For dessert, remaining blueberry pie from yesterday and ice cream with chocolate sauce.

lefse, thanks for your input. i was kinda funny about using shrimp in the lasagna as well. btw, they weren'tthat big, 20 count per pound, for $6.99 per pound. i think that you were thinking of u-10's. they had those monsters, but at $11.99 per pound?!yikes! :ermm:

jill, i thought the same thing about chopping up the shrimp. thanks for the tip.

in any case, i never got around to making the lasagna. i'm still feeling really crappy - kinda beat up, so we just had italian take out. salads, cavatelli and broccoli, veal sorrentino, and sweet sausage.

hopefully, tonight i'll make the lasagna, sans shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom