Dinner on the 16th August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
after working 100 hours in 6 1/2 days, i took this weekend off.

so what did i do today? cut the lawn, clean bird cages, pack for the weekend, cleaned the pool, played wiffle ball, and cleaned out the fridge.

whew, i'm beat, so dinner's gonna be takeout chinese when dw gets home from the gym. if i'm still awake, pics later.

I roasting a turkey breast, just not sure what I'll be making as the sides. Maybe just a salad.

I had some sweet potatoes left from last fall so baked the last of those there there was a box of stuffing in the pantry that I didn't know what still there. So no salad but sweet potatoes and stuffing!

Skewers again. Tonight it was Satay with peanut sauce and stir-fried green beans.

img_1176802_0_4625f4283594d13d81b465c2da299dfe.jpg

looks good, steve. your peanut sauce looks spicy. it almost looks like a combo of peanut sauce and sambal oleck.

I had supper on my own (Stirling was at a boys' night out). Inspired by Chief Longwind's liver pate recipe, I had liver and onions and fried up a bunch of liver at the same time as making my supper. I also had a mixed baby greens salad with some snow peas.

We had fresh garden vegs: a sweet homegrown sliced cuke and cherry tomatoes with ranch dressing and locally grown corn.

We had ham, roasted potatoes and broccoli.and...ice cream cones!!!

We had little smokies, cooked with broccoli florets, then covered with Mexican blend shredded cheese, which melted all over it. I had never done it that way, but it was really good! :yum::yum:

once i was out of recovery and back in my room i had mixed melon slices with prosciutto,smoked salmon sandwiches on granary bloomer bread,salad and crisps and two pots of beechdean farmhouse dairy ice cream with honeycomb and candied ginger.when the nurse woke me at 2am to check blood pressure/oxygen abs(122/63 & 97% oxy...not bad for an old bugger!)i was thirsty so she made a pot of tea,got the other night nurse and the three of us drank tea and ate biscuits til 3am.....it may be free but you don't get that on the national health service!!!

Hope the op went well Harry :)

Your food there sounds great, not bad at all...private is great ;)

Hope the op went well Harry :)

Your food there sounds great, not bad at all...private is great ;)
all went according to plan thanks hun.arm will be in a sling for a couple of weeks but i have some exercises to do each day & i start proper physio on tuesday when they take off the dressings etc.they stocked me up with pain killers but i don't like taking drugs so only take one at night so i sleep ok.
yep,the food was good & the nurses pretty....think i'll break something and go back for a longer stay:ermm::ohmy::LOL:!!

I am so pleased to hear the operation went well :)

I am the same, I dont like taking too many pain killers, especially the strong type...so I only take them if I am in really bad pain.

Yes they certainly stock you up with drugs to numb the pain before they let you leave the hospital...it is good though as it would hurt like hell if they didn't.

What are you going to be doing for meals...it will be too hard for you to cook with only one arm?

Have you got someone to help you?

I am so pleased to hear the operation went well :)

I am the same, I dont like taking too many pain killers, especially the strong type...so I only take them if I am in really bad pain.

Yes they certainly stock you up with drugs to numb the pain before they let you leave the hospital...it is good though as it would hurt like hell if they didn't.

What are you going to be doing for meals...it will be too hard for you to cook with only one arm?

Have you got someone to help you?
it does hurt like hell k but sh*t 'appens & i'd rather not take tabs unless i have too.one at night to help with sleep is fine,rest of the time i just get on with it!cooking? help? nah...don't need help but i've got good neighbours/friends near by if needs be & tesco on line is delivering today.....just posted last nights dinner pics,take a look and tell me if you think i need help hun:rolleyes:!! cooking is best physio going & beer is good for pain:ermm::ohmy::LOL:!

Back
Top Bottom