Dinner Pi Day Friday ~ 3-14-2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Figured I'd start this while I still know what I have planned - just in case I forget when it's time to cook. TJ's is providing the entrees. I have a crab-stuffed flounder and a crab cake for each of us. Making green beans and parsley buttered noodles for the sides. I'm in the mood for a relish tray so I'll maybe get around to making some dip and cutting up fresh veggies first.

What are your plans?

It depends on whether BIL can come over for his birthday. If so, we will have fried chicken, wedges, corn on the cob and salad. I will also make brownies for birthday cake - I'll make both gluten free and regular.

If he doesn't come I will bake the chicken, do the wedges and salad but skip the corn and unfortunately the brownies :(

A house with no pie on Pi Day is a very cold and lonely place to be. I think I am with Andy on this one and I will have to order Pizza Pie delivery and call it good. Neighborhood pizza place. Brings a coupon taped to the box for your next order. Bless them. They know how to stay in business.

Attachments

• healthy-pie-chart.jpg
    healthy-pie-chart.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 209
Strip loin steak on the BBQ. I'll pan fry some potato slices to go with and maybe do some yellow wax beans I found at the back of the freezer. Salad will be a nice avocado tomato cucumber and dessert will be pie! I didn't realize it was pie day so I'll have to go whip one up. It will be either rhubarb or saskatoon depending on whats in the freezer. Those are Ken's two favorites.

I've got some asparagus and broccoli I'd like to use up. I was thinking of tossing them in with some pasta, probably penne. And some crab and Kalamatta olives may find their way in there as well. As well as garlic and Penzey's Greek seasoning. I just wish I had some feta...

Going out for Mexican. Likely Enchiladas Indigenous Al Pastor for me, DH will probably get Pollo Ajillo.

Started to feel not good when I was making up the relish tray. It's the only thing I fixed for supper. Himself did a pizza house run (like whisk's, our favorite tapes a $2 off coupon on top when you get carry-out sometimes) but we didn't get a pie. Instead, he picked up their huge fisherman's platter. I had the small bowl of yummy New England clam chowdah, a couple fried shrimp and scallops, a small amount of the haddock, and called it dinner.

Stuffed flounder and green beans tomorrow it is, as long as I'm feeling better. If not, Himself can read the directions on the fish packages and eat them both himself!

Back
Top Bottom