Dinner plans for Monday, January 14th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I did my mise en place for the Posole a couple hours ago. I pulled the pork out of the oven, unwrapped it, and started "pulling" it with two forks. OMG! It was so tender! I may forget pork butt and go with picnic shoulders. It was cheaper / pound, and bigger than a pork butt to start with. Only thing is that it probably could have stayed in the smoker a little longer. I gave it 5 hours in the smoker and 4 in the oven, like I normally do, but it just doesn't taste as strong as I remember. It's still really good! Once I get the Posole made, I'll let you all know what the end result is.

Buck will be out at his Lions Club dinner meeting. I'll be eating leftover pork chops and stuffing from last night. Not sure what else. I'm not particularly hungry since we had fabulous grilled cheese on NY Times bread for lunch.

Have some Hershey's kisses cookies to make after I eat my dinner. I guess I'll just have to sample one to be sure the rest will be safe to eat.:rolleyes:

Being inspired by Sattie's post and by the expiration date on the packet, I put the roast duck shanks (really drumettes) in the oven and had them with plum sauce. Very yummy. Wasn't overly hungry (been out to lunch) so they just hit the spot.

Italian wedding soup, fried chicken,mashed potatoes with milk gravy,lima beans with bacon and butter, fruit salad..Dessert don't laugh, make dinosauers in a silacone mold as a trial for Olivia's birthday party Sunday..The batter was yummy made with peanut butter..So they will be taste tested tonight with chocolate and vanilla frostings..
kadesma:)

Well, dishes are out of the way.........the deal in my house is that if I make dinner the diners clean up....now I don't mind cooking...Myself alone cooking and cleaning was NOT working out............the cranberry/orange marmalade jelly/ sweet chili sauce was a great hit with the pork tenderloin and noone minded the fact that it had been seasoned with a nonsalt Mrs. Dash seasoning...they just added their own salt but not very much, I might add esp. after the sauce.......it was pretty tasty without additonal salt---at least I didn't miss it

Well, the Posole could have been better. The smoked, pulled pork was SOOOOO tender that is basically just shredded in the pan whenever I tried to stir it. Also, I know I added to many corn tortilla chips.

I'll make it again, one of these days, but just use some pork stew meat, and caramelize that up really well, then go with the other ingredients and see what that does for the flavor.

BTW, I have PLENTY of smoked, pulled pork left. Too bad I'm working every night this week. Enchiladas, Quesadillas, BBQ Sandwiches, they all sound good. I'll probably end up doing the sandwiches for lunch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom