Dinner plans for Tuesday, December 6th!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Claire said:
My version of turkey tetrazini. I've lived in IL for 10 years + now and have never seen loose meat, only heard about it watching Roseanne. One day .....

OK, it may be just an Iowa thing, Claire. People here love it, I don't. Though it's been many, many years since I had one....

Last edited:
I made "Maid Rite's" tonight. I had never had them and have wanted to try them since "Roseann" made them famous. I enjoyed them, but I don't see what all the hype is about. I am usually disappointed with anything that gets a lot of hype. I will probably turn the rest of the meat into something else, maybe taco meat or sloppy joes.

I actually prefer those over sloppy joes. I saw RR make them and use her recipe. And it brought the whole Roseanne episodes together :LOL: I love putting the leftover loose meat into hard tacos shells with some cheddar cheese :yum:

LOL! msmofet always cracks me up! I think I would like sloppy joes better, too! I wish I had some good rolls, because I would make that for tonight.

Sounds like a "loose meat" sandwich is something similar to a beef on weck, or maybe I totally have the wrong picture. My Grandmother always made beef on weck on a salty bun with au jus. Some people used condiments, some didn't.

Last edited:
Coming back to add, and I know this has nothing to do with the thread.... I miss the old "Roseanne" sitcoms (around '89-early 90's). They reminded me of my family.

Back
Top Bottom