Dinner plans for Tuesday, February 19th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another simple but tasty meal ala DH. Italian Sausages, Peas with pearl onions, what we call pan-fries (thin sliced potatoes sauted in olive oil so they stick together and are crisp on the outside, tender on the inside) and probably one of his inventive salads with my poppyseed or sundried tomato vinaigrette.

Since I'm using a hot plate til the new cook top is finished, it's going to be soup, paninni's of roast beef, horsey sauce, jack cheese, arugula, and since I DO have an oven, some granny smith's stuffed with a mix of mascarpone,pine nuts, lavender honey. That's it:LOL:
kadesma

home-made Chili burgers and home fries and probably some equally unhealthy Dip to go with it >:D

doing a pizza tonight and another one tomorrow night. Tonights will be home made chevon sausage, whole wheat no knead bread dough, home canned pizza sauce, some sauteed onions, garlic, mozz and parmesan cheeses. Not sure what tommorrows will be, but the plan is to have a lot of leftover pizza for me when DH leaves soon for a back packing trip:LOL:

Gonna make this tonight. Ol Blue's meatloaf. I've wanted to forever and today, is the day. Oven fries and the rest of the Neeley's coleslaw. DH liked it, isn't going to replace his moms recipe for coleslaw, but still, good and different. Hers is very bland and has been a favorite all these years. Butternut squash with butter/brown sugar/cinnamon/salt and pepper oven baked too.
We may have a praline wannabe for dessert as the DH has asked me to make a batch of the ones I did the other day, the fakko's, so he can take to work and pass around. NTS....better buy more cream today:mellow:
Bought the cream lots more butter and 10 lbs of sugar. Thanks to all you folks who are forcing me to make sweets.:( Kidding......
Also just got blueberry whole wheat muffins in the oven, he'll have them with butter.......The peanut butter fudge with the choco chippers is unreal...

Y'all have a wonderful Tuesday................

Last edited:
Since I'm using a hot plate til the new cook top is finished, it's going to be soup, paninni's of roast beef, horsey sauce, jack cheese, arugula, and since I DO have an oven, some granny smith's stuffed with a mix of mascarpone,pine nuts, lavender honey. That's it:LOL:
kadesma
......................or I'm going to Kades!:-pAnd pick up the PAICY

kadesma

Kadesma your dessert sounds devine!

I had meant to pull leftover chili out of the freezer but didn't realized unilt just now that I'd grabbed a container of beef stroganoff instead. So it looks like it'll be leftover beef stroganoff over rice, steamed broccoli, a basic green salad with balsamic dressing and some homemade applesauce. It's really cold and windy here today so it sounds like a nice comfort-food kind of dinner.:)

the crock pot and me, lol

i am really giving my new mini crock pot a work out.

put couple chicken thighs in and then slice onion and mushrooms. made a sauce with orange marmlade , hosin sauce and chicken broth.

it will be yummy, think i will throw in some semi frido sp? pasta at the end. it cooks in about three min.

babe:chef:

Tonight it was chicken fried steaks, (Paula Deen's) hash brown casserole and corn. For dessert we had some homemade cookies.

We're having spaghetti here, too, Flourgirl. Spaghetti sauce made with browned country-style pork ribs. I'll serve it over some sort of pasta. We have lots in the pantry from which to choose. Green beans, Italian ones if I have them and garlic bread using one of the baguettes I made this morning. No dessert tonight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom