Dinner Plans Friday the 23rd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ugly but good tonight. A neighbor brought us some morels so I chicken fried them. Home fries w/ mushroom onion gravy and fresh WA asparagus on the side. Enough leftovers for a lovely fritatta or maybe risotto. Yay Spring!
I love morels! I've had no luck finding any this year, but I think I started looking too early.

I like them well enough that I'll buy them if I have to, but WOW, the prices they charge in the store will make your head spin. :blink:

Ugly but good tonight. A neighbor brought us some morels so I chicken fried them. Home fries w/ mushroom onion gravy and fresh WA asparagus on the side. Enough leftovers for a lovely fritatta or maybe risotto. Yay Spring!

img_1365375_0_8a0ee8fdf8841d6705420e0f16d441eb.jpg

Absolutely nothing ugly about your morels, Bookbrat! Deeelishh!

DH brought home a Papa Murphy"s
Taco pan pizza, half chicken half beef. I would not recommend it, I slathered a slice with sour cream, that helped. We also had Kale salad (Costco salad in a bag) and a homemade beer each. Well I only had one ?

Karen actually got 80# of crawfish. We did 40# Thursday and the other 40# yesterday.

I love morels! I've had no luck finding any this year, but I think I started looking too early.

I like them well enough that I'll buy them if I have to, but WOW, the prices they charge in the store will make your head spin. :blink:
My dad doesn't start looking up in the Bemidji area until after June 1s and a good rain. Morels were up here last week, but we are zone 4b/5a. The morels up north in your area come up after asparagus (which starts after daffodils bloom up there and the opening of walleye fishing season). They might come up earlier in the Cities area.

Back
Top Bottom