Dinner plans tonight 4/28?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I'll be takin the little guy to fast foods just for fun. It's almost the last night we'll have and it is the last night we'll have alone. So, want to create memory, you know how that goes!:LOL:

I made a batch of salad and haven't wanted to eat it. But think I will tonight, that good stuff they have at fast foods always calls my name.
Can't relent or I'll never feel good in a BS on the boat this summer.:whistling :w00t: :cry:

So what'r your plans for tonights meal?

We are leaving for NY tonight after I get home from work, so I will pick up subs for us to eat before we take off.

Trying to finish off all my stored food at college before we adjourn for the summer. So, another evening of ramen packets and tomato soup. :wacko:

Stuffed cabbages for us! Mmm.... beer and stuffed cabbage! Gas shortage, what gas shortage? :angel:

John

well, if i get to class by 3:30, plenty of delicious food. i'm zonked.
if i opt to stay in, it'll may well be a meal of veal/grn. beans or a miso soup or both, one earlier tonite.

ronjohn55 said:
Stuffed cabbages for us! Mmm.... beer and stuffed cabbage! Gas shortage, what gas shortage? :angel:

John

What do you stuff it with? Never had it.

We're having Boudain and dirty rice.

We're going to have re-runs of our venison stew...I made enough for a barn raising. I have leftover asparagus and biscuits, too, so I don't guess I'm going to have to do anything. Kim even made a pan of Reese Dessert Bars last night.

We've been used to feeding a teenage boy, and now that it's just the two of us, I'm going to have learn to adjust my quantities.

Tonight....alcohol and what ever sounds good from the kitchen. I passed my final in training at work today, so I'm celebrating...no cooking for me tonight!:-p

texasgirl said:
What do you stuff it with? Never had it.

Polish stuffed cabbage, or golabki (pronounced Go-wump-kee) is usually made with a mix of beef, pork and veal, mixed with rice. The meat is formed into a ball, wrpped in a cabbage leaf, and simmered in a tomato sauce.

Sometimes it's just beef and rice, sometimes beef and pork. They're almost always good though.. :chef:

John

I made a big tossed salad and mr. callie made the BEST fried shrimp I've ever eaten! I'm posting his recipe on the seafood forum...:)

Last night I made a favorite recipe from one of Martha Stewart's older cookbooks - Sesame Chicken in Acorn Squash Halves. Chicken tenders are marinated in a soy/wine/sesame oil/garlic/chili mixture, rolled in seasoned flour & sesame seeds & sauteed in butter. They are then piled into cooked Acorn squash halves, along with blanched broccoli florets, carrot logs, & snow peas. Delicious.

ronjohn55 said:
Polish stuffed cabbage, or golabki (pronounced Go-wump-kee) is usually made with a mix of beef, pork and veal, mixed with rice. The meat is formed into a ball, wrpped in a cabbage leaf, and simmered in a tomato sauce.

Sometimes it's just beef and rice, sometimes beef and pork. They're almost always good though.. :chef:

John

Thanks John!!:)

Back
Top Bottom