Dinner plans tonight, June 24, Tuesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Getting husband off to work today, I asked him what he wanted for dinner.
He said the filet mignon roast, that's frozen, 7/8 of it left, so good call on his part. He wants the veggies and potato salad from last night, how easy is that? Asked if there's any lemon tart left, I thought, "ya think?" What a winner I had the good fortune of having last night as it was truly a mouth pleaser. And I'm making Moomie buns cause I only did 6 Sally Lunns for dinner last night and used the last 2 for his lunch today, so, need bread for the man of my dreams.

What's anyone else having for dinner?
Blessed Tuesday to you all...

I will get home around 7:30 so I'm not sure. May just pick up something on the way home....to go with my wine :mrgreen:

gonna be the last of the Mornay Sauce, and steamed broccoli over toasted bread cubes..this is one of dh's favorite meals, ....may make another batch of Mornay sauce and do this all over again, i certainly have more than enough broccoli..

I'm going to a potluck dinner meeting tonight - last night, I made pasta with no-cook tomato sauce and chopped poached chicken to take with me.

DH requested his favorite hamburger/tomato/macaroni casserole for tonight. He's helping a friend move this afternoon (in the heat of the day - the Mexican people are smart enough to stay inside and have a siesta!), so he deserves something he really likes. I'll make a green salad and for dessert - watermelon. I went to the big supermarket-type grocery store this morning and watermelons (sandias) were on sale for 50 centavos a kilo. That's a little over two cents a pound. People had their carts FULL of watermelons! Same special applied to cantaloupe (melon), white onions (cebolla) and limes (limones). Quite a festive atmosphere!

Chilean Sea Bass with shrimp and lobster linguine in an Alfredo sauce. Garlic bread, green beans, maybe cheesecake for dessert.

Citrus Spicy grilled salmon
Baby Bok Choy, peppers and spinach stirfry
Basmati rice

I grilled a flank steak to slice thin, with some chimmichurri sauce on the side and will make a salad to go with it. I also brewed a pot of sweet iced tea.

Roast chicken: I cut out the backbone and flattened the chicken and I have it marinating in EVOO, Lemon Basil, Thyme, juice of 1 lemon, salt and pepper.

Green beans from the garden and I may toss in a couple potatoes to bake.

I love roast chicken Dave. Just sent a little new friend of mine this recipe a few days ago just cause she was asking for recipes and a roasted chicken is classic.

Now, my Moomies are smellin up the house with yummy fragrance!

Last edited:
Due to the constant thunderstorms, I put my chops in the crockpot with potatoes. I will enjoy the rest of my collard greens and my dearest husband will have green beans straight from the can (well I will heat them) This is my first week off from work. I had much bigger plans for my cooking. Oh well, there is always Wed.

it is a tiny bit cooler here. i may actually make a meal. chicken thighs either panko crust or white chicken chile. salad .no dessert, i have eaten to many cinnamon rolls. babe

I love roast chicken Dave. Just sent a little new friend of mine this recipe a few days ago just cause she was asking for recipes and a roasted chicken is classic.

Sounds good! :) Mine is a takeoff on Jamie Oliver's Spatchcocked Chicken with roasted lemon yougurt. Just making the bird tonight as I though I had yougut or sour cream but I didn't. I love cooking chicken this way if I an not making stuffing.

Y'all are making me hungry.....
I'm grilling some pork chops again. Probably with some frozen corn and some home fries with onions. Maybe a couple of the chops will get splashed with a little BBQ sauce.

I sat out in the sun thinking about it too long.
PB&J on the fly... out the door now for baseball.

With talk of Chili below, when I was shopping for dinner I decided to make fast batch of my chili. The peppers were nice and fresh, Sirloin was on sale....

It only took about 40 minutes once I was home...yummy....

Of course, I ate too much. I just can't leave it alone....

Cooking during the week here is like people at Sara Lee's house passing on dessert. Just ain't done.

However, I was starving after the gym and managed to ignore the left over mac & cheese, mashed potatoes and fried chicken:angel:.

I made a black bean burger fajita with arugula from the garden. Had a few strawberry newtons with a bit of milk for dessert.

I'm already thinking about lamb chops for Saturday night...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom