Dinner Plans - Wednesday June 29th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My nachos just went in the oven. It's decadently huge. I'll be lucky to eat half.

pacanis said:
My nachos just went in the oven. It's decadently huge. I'll be lucky to eat half.

How did you make yours? I had some for lunch, handful of Tostitos with shredded cheddar, nuked on half power, with salsa and Greek yogurt.

Oven baked BBQ pork spare ribs using homemade BBQ sauce - it's been delicious and tender with enough left over for tomorrow.

The chicken didn't thaw out before I got the "need to eat shakes", so I had leftover "Fresh Sauce" over Spaghetti. I am thinking about making a Pineapple Upside Down Cake.

I was bad--I bought some "schwartz Brot" and liverwurst (things my DH won't eat). I love a good schwartz Brot and haven't mastered baking it...and I love an open-faced sandwich of schwartz Brot, butter, liverwurst (chunky and thick on top of the butter), chopped onion and capers....two of those, and I'm good to go.

Ken's birthday dinner (one day late) :

Roast chicken with stuffing
Chunky potatoes tossed with EVOO, some herbs and seasoned salt and some chives
Corn
Salad (of my choosing...probably green)

Chocolate raspberry torte for dessert. If I remember to take pics I'll post them.

How did you make yours? I had some for lunch, handful of Tostitos with shredded cheddar, nuked on half power, with salsa and Greek yogurt.

I put a bunch of Tostitos in the bottom of a glass pie dish, added some shredded cheddar, corn & black bean salsa, shredded chicken, Acapulco Gold seasoning, more cheddar and some pickled jalapeño slices. I add more chips around the edge so they all don't get soggy. Then baked it for 15 minutes.
Darn near finished it all, too :pig:

pacanis said:
I put a bunch of Tostitos in the bottom of a glass pie dish, added some shredded cheddar, corn & black bean salsa, shredded chicken, Acapulco Gold seasoning, more cheddar and some pickled jalapeño slices. I add more chips around the edge so they all don't get soggy. Then baked it for 15 minutes.
Darn near finished it all, too :pig:

Thanks Pac. I think I like yours better :pig:

I love black beans on nachos. Whatever else I might do differently, they will have black beans.

Don't even try it with cornmeal--if you don't have Masa Harina, cornmeal is not the same. Nor is cornflour. I've tried substituting those for the Masa Harina but had no luck. The tortillas were a crumbly mess. I haul bags of Masa back from MN because I haven't seen it in my area--mind you, I live rural and don't have many occasions to go to the "City." But my friend who is the former pastry chef has looked for it in the City and hasn't found it. Mexican food is not terribly popular here and the ingredients are limited to Old El Paso for the most part.
No, I have Masa Harina. I get the purest of ingredients because of DH's intolerances. I am not sure now, however if I will get them made because I have had a crazy day and won't have the time.

Looks like we will have pulled pork sandwiches on gluten free buns. But that's okay too!

Thanks again for all your help. I may be bugging you when I do get to making them!:)

I am going to portion and pound out some pork tenderloin for the grill and serve it on some homemade focaccia with some mango salsa. That is the plan right now, anyway.

Thanks to a clogged eaves trough, I diddn't get to bake. Pork, beet greens,etc,...

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
DH brought home a take and bake pizza and I made a green salad with lettuce from the garden and toms from a hanging basket I picked up at the local nursery a few weeks ago.

I gave up cooking for my family several weeks ago. They just don't appreciate real food. But today I had extra lemons and some chicken parts so I decided to make some lemon chicken. I cannot tell you how good it was. I figured if dh and dd didn't like it it ws no big deal. I would just eat the whole pot myself. Well, I asked dh how he liked it and he said "It had a wierd lemon taste." Looks like I'll be enjoying lemon chicken the rest of the week. My family will be having hot dogs and boxed mac and cheese. They will love it.

Some weird lemon taste... that's funny. That's a shame you're cooking doesn't get appreciated.

i grilled some sbr glazed chicken legs and breasts for the wife and boy, then i pulled out the rotisserie and made a south western marinated roast beef.

img_1018243_0_cec4913fb0ed653745f7e674f693fa10.jpg

it was delicious. i left the marinade on the meat which didn't look too good charred like that, but when sliced thin it gave the meat a nice something extra.:chef:

A ham, turkey, and swiss sub from Walmart. Surprisingly good and fresh, cheap and huge! Will do DH and me for a couple of meals. You have to add your own condiments (ours were yellow mustard, mayo, and banana peppers). Bigger and cheaper than Subway.

We like those for our trips. I buy 5 or 6 and cut them into quarters and bag them up. They get eaten during our 12 hour car ride to Ann Arbor to visit my elderly in-laws. We add mayo and mustard. Horseradish sauce goes on the roast beef ones I get.

Bucky, what doesn't look good charred like that? I don't see anything that doesn't look good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom