Dinner, Sat. April 19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Tonight I am making, fish (cod) n chips, fries and coleslaw.
Update : since I am making batter, will deep fry some portobellas too -

Last edited:
going out to lunch so dinner will just be some canned soup or maybe some microwave popcorn.

Fondue sounds so good, but I am saving that for Mothers Day as the only one we have around here (The Melting Pot), was $160 after tip.
We have left over pork stew, but have some chicken breasts we have to cook up before they go bad so probably will have chicken Panang. Or at least cook up the chicken to use for Panang tomorrow.

Fondue sounds so good, but I am saving that for Mothers Day as the only one we have around here (The Melting Pot), was $160 after tip.
We have left over pork stew, but have some chicken breasts we have to cook up before they go bad so probably will have chicken Panang. Or at least cook up the chicken to use for Panang tomorrow.

Yep - there's no way around that price at The Melting Pot - it hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ended up getting a fondue pot for Christmas one year and it sure is simple to do it at home but you can only do ONE at a time...so you can have cheese, or you can have some kind of broth to cook your protein in. And don't even say just get two of them - :glare:

I'm still having coffee so dinner seems far away right now.

Yep - there's no way around that price at The Melting Pot - it hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ended up getting a fondue pot for Christmas one year and it sure is simple to do it at home but you can only do ONE at a time...so you can have cheese, or you can have some kind of broth to cook your protein in. And don't even say just get two of them - :glare:

I'm still having coffee so dinner seems far away right now.

You forgot the chocolates for desert! So, that makes three pots?

I found a small vaccum sealed pork roast in the freezer,
Roasted potatoes, still deciding on a veggie.

Since it has been two weeks since my last ration of fried catfish:blink: Tonight that situation will be remedied along with the usual trappings to such an august occassion!!!:cool:

left over pasta, salad, no bread so i can have choco. cake mix cookies using special k cereal. i didn't like special k on its own. so i will see if this is good way to use them up

babe:chef::chef:

We went out for our meal. as we were going to a watch an Icelandic horses on ice competition. I had rib eye steak

Last edited:
We sent out for our meal. as we were going to a watch an Icelandic horses on ice competition. I had rib eye steak

You can send out for ribeye? I never heard of that. How do they cook it?

I just took out a pound of burger. I'm planning on making tacos and wings, but I"m pretty hungry right now, so that burger better hurry itself along or it's gonna get left behind.

I just took out a pound of burger. I'm planning on making tacos and wings, but I"m pretty hungry right now, so that burger better hurry itself along or it's gonna get left behind.

That surprised me as well, how do they keep it hot and fresh between cooking it and getting it to your house? I would think it would dry out.

The biggest surprise we ever had on take out was ribs from Portillos, a friend insisted we try them and I was shocked that they were actually tender and tasty! This from a hot dog and burger joint, go figure.

Chicken enchiladas for DH and the exchange student, leftover gluten-free fried rice for me and the kid.

Bad spelling. we went out to a local grill resturant.

Back
Top Bottom