Dinner Sat. Aug. 25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Hi. Am I really the first to post re: dinner tonight, at almost 6 p.m.? Goodness.

Anyway, I'm going to the neighborhood potluck tonight that I mentioned earlier this week. I guess what I ended up making is an enchilada casserole. I took some ideas from some chilaquiles recipes I found and went from there, but I used all the ingredients that are in the enchilada recipe I use.

I made homemade tomatillo sauce with tomatillos, onions and jalapenos from the garden. We had some rather old corn tortillas, so I cut them up into approx. 1-inch pieces and microwaved them to soften them. I also cooked up some thinly sliced red, orange, yellow and green peppers and onions with oregano and poached some chicken with bay leaves (this is the secret to authentic-tasting enchiladas, imo).

Then I started layering - a smidge of sauce on the bottom, then some tortilla pieces, then chicken, then sauce, then peppers/onions mixture, repeat. They're in the oven now. After 45 minutes or so, I'll take them out, top them with some fresh Mexican cheese, and put it back in the oven for 10 minutes or so to melt the cheese. Then I'll have a bowl of sour cream alongside, in case it's too spicy for some people.

I'll let you know if there's any left ;)

What's cookin' in your kitchen?

i also started a dinner thread around 5pm, but no one found it.

fine, yours is better! haha

what I had?

Pan Seared Spicy Chicken w/ fried rice

came out pretty good, tried something new and didnt do the chicken in the wok at all, just in the skillet. i really like the texture, but Im still finding out how to get the taste there (should marinate chicken next time).

fried rice is always yummy, and thats what i had in the wok. its good to combine the skillet action and wok action to get the meal done quicker!

Back
Top Bottom