Dinner Sat. Dec. 13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I took a rack of baby backs out of the freezer this morning and put them in the fridge, so maybe those.

baked ziti with meatballs
cole slaw...dh told me the last time I made cole slaw, after all these years, that he does not like a mayo based dressing, so I made this one with vinegar
friends are bringing a fruit salad
herb dinner rolls
flourless chocolate cake:mrgreen:

I just finished my dinner of mixed green salad, a hunk of Very Exclusive Bread (the boyfriend bought it to spoil me) and a vegetarian carré with sundried tomatoes & pesto (store-bought, but delicious).

...Sounded good on paper, wasn't as awesome as I expected because I was too lazy to actually fix everything properly tonight *pouty face*.

Well... I'm making a fresh loaf of bread with my new bread machine I stole from Linens and Things. (I got a heck of a deal since they are having their going out of business sale!) So now I just need to figure out what is going with the bread!!!

I am not sure at this point...could be soup and sandwiches....maybe I will find something while grocery shopping that will make a better dinner!:)

img_744608_0_8ba3af9b82c8d7d647cb2da1cc765bfa.jpg

Last edited:
We're going to a friend's art gallery opening, and before that, out to dinner with some other friends, to a wonderful Italian place. They have great bread, among other yummies :)

not sure yet. after a brief respite, i'm back to working doubles on saturdays through the new year. everyone is burning up their sick and personal days, so o.t. abounds.

i found a good fried chicken place up in harlem that's open 24 hours on weekends, so after the mad dash home and back during my actual dinner "hour", i'll pick up a 5 piece, fries, and biscuits around midnight after work.

i wonder how many people here have ordered chicken in a tiny storefront through bullet proof glass, putting the money into and receiving the chicken through a bank teller type drawer?
ronjohn, back me up here. detroit's gotta have something like this.

We're taking my father-in-law to the Pine Club tonight (in Dayton OH). It is a way over-rated old school steakhouse. They don't take reservations and even if you turn up at 5pm (when they open) you still have to wait an hour at the bar to get seated.

Haven't given tonight's dinner a single thought since I've been up to my all-American behinder making cookies and bread. I'll be sick of the kitchen when it's all over. Now's when I wish there was a pizza delivery place in town.

I'll probably rummage around in the freezer later to see what I can find. If there's nothing that inspires/moves me, then I'll have soup and crackers.

Kentucky Bourbon...
Mississippi Catfish fried in...
LouAna Peanut oil, and
Tennessee Cornmeal...(Hush Puppies too)
Mississippi Sweet Potato Fries, and
Texas Cabbage Slaw.....

Chicken thighs. Maybe sweet and tangy chicken with rice and salad. Maybe coq au vin. Not sure yet.

Back
Top Bottom