Dinner, Sat. Dec. 15th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Tonight I am planning on making salisbury steaks with mushroom/onion gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, coleslaw and warm bread.

Last edited:
Baby back ribs, baked potatoes and buttered corn! Trying grandma's applesauce torte (dad's favorite) for dessert - we have peanut butter bonbons and gingerbread cookies as a backup. Add some wine to that before dinner and it is perfect!

Hey! I'm having baby back ribs, too!
At least if I can get into the store before the snow storm hits. My neighbor did me a favor earlier in the week and I wanted to make some for them, too.

I'm roasting a small, 6-lb. turkey for dinner tonight, with stuffing and wilted spinach. I brought home some goodies for dessert (which we don't usually have) from a holiday luncheon at work yesterday.

I made a big pot of chili last night and there is alot left over. It is back in the crockpot as we speak on low with a pan of cornbread in the oven. It's decorating day so wanted to have it ready to go whenever someone gets hungry.

Salisbury steak sounds like a great idea Barb, guess thats what for dinner here tonight ;)

tis a fancy herb and onion mince "cutlet" browned and cooked in a savory gravy. Really good!

I'm roasting a small leg'o'lamb with root veggies and mashers.

I'm making chicken tacos tonight. It's something I haven't had in a long time, so I hope it comes out right!

A brilliant blue sky, albeit a cold one. I stood outside in my "hoody" and grilled some chicken breasts.

Tonight

Chicken breasts with roasted red peppers and mushrooms
Macaroni and cheese
Steamed fresh asparagus

We just bought some fresh shrimp from a local fisherman at the marina. I'm thinking shrimp in a creamy chipotle sauce, rice, roasted beets with goat cheese & a salad.

still working on the corn chowder and had to make another loaf of NY Times bread. For dessert we are off to some friends for wine and cookies before gathering around the piano for Christmas carols...

Shrimp creole over white rice, buttered cornbread, sweet tea, and peach cobbler with a big dollop of vanilla ice cream.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom