Dinner, Sat. Feb. 16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yuck

boy am i embrassed tonight. had some frozen dinner, chicken rolled tacos. not very good, did have peach and pineapple salsa and sour cream with em. not in the mood to cook. very tired lately problems with blood sugar. i do insulin and dr started a new med to help insulin work better. been in the 300 for blood sugar reading. not good.

babe

babe, it is extremely important for diabetics to pay attention to their diets. the most successful ones i know are also the biggest foodies i know,for obvious duplicitous reasons.
sometimes i don't feel like cooking until i start, then it's "katie, bar the kitchen door", i'm coooooooking!

Babetoo, there are some really good cookbooks out there for diabetics. Try to avoid those frozen things and prepackaged stuff, there are too many unhealthy additives not just for diabetics but for all of us. They are good in a pinch when you don't or cannot cook though.

As for our dinner, we had spaghetti bolognese, and this time we tried organic whole wheat spaghetti. It was really good! The texture of the pasta was much better than white flour pasta, and it's only a bit more expensive.

thanks

babe, it is extremely important for diabetics to pay attention to their diets. the most successful ones i know are also the biggest foodies i know,for obvious duplicitous reasons.
sometimes i don't feel like cooking until i start, then it's "katie, bar the kitchen door", i'm coooooooking!

i am been diganosed for six years. mostly i cook from scratch and u are right about diet.

eat lots of fish and chicken and veg. i have converted many recipes to make them more diabetic friendly. have about ten cook books for diabetics.

i have a sugar free banana bread that i developed, it's better than regular.

even found a sugarless sugar cookie recipte that is very good.

so i really do for the most part , eat low carb and healthy.just get stubborn once in a while and eat junk.

these high sugar test is a recent thing. dr took me off the med that was supposed to be bad for your heart. he did not put me on anything else to help insulin work better. that is one of reasons i am going to see a new dr. this guy either doesn't know or is careless. got me hooked on morphine when i had a broken foot.

thanks for your concern and you are so right.:):):)

Back
Top Bottom