Dinner, Sat. Feb. 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Tonight will be a one pot meal - Crockpot with pork shoulder ribs, onions, red potatoes, carrots and cabbage. With warm crusty bread and white cake w/crm. cheese frosting for dessert.

Heeey, Crusty Bread!
I know what that is now ;)

I think I'm going to cook up 3 lbs of chicken wings with mild freezer burn.... :ermm:
I'll do them on the grill start to finish.

Still thinking, but it will probably be either pork chops or fish and chips, and not sure what sides just yet.

don't know what it'll be yet. but do know it'll be Philadelphia fare.:)That is unless I go to YT's for beef stew, if I do come YT, hide your butter dish:LOL:

Anyone in Philly know if they sell White Lily flour in PA? In the supermarkets there...

Last edited:
Left over Lentil Loaf and the rest of the Ratatouille.

Dessert is cider at the pub later with the boys!

Assuming they don't mess it up:
grilled chicken on sour dough, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, creamed tomato soup, orange sherbet, dinner roll, decaf coffee and tea.
Not holding my breath, they have as yet to get it right, and that is on top of the fact that sugar free cardiac diets stink to begin with... Uggggggg. :frown:

We've had quite a bit of rain the last 2 days and it is now clear so we will be grilling steaks outside, roasting red potatoes and asparagus, probably tomatoes, cukes and onion for salad - no bread.

I walked into the local fish market and two beautiful lobsters were chilling themselves on the ice, making goo goo eyes at me....so I had to have them.

I also got 6 wild caugt shrimp...

I'm making butternut squash soup with shrimp fritters and sherry cream.

Steamed lobster with vegetable napoleons and jasmine rice. I'm making a lemon goat cheese sauce for the lobster.

Citrus pound cake with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Rob roys for cocktail hour and I believe a pinot noir from the russian river valley for dinner.

Steak, which I was going to grill, but now it is snowing, so that kills that plan. :mad: So, I guess the castiron grill pan will just to have to do. Sliced mushrooms sauteed in butter with garlic for a side accompanied by either green salad or cooked spinach.

Barbque chicken. Just toss in the pot, cover with sauce, cook for a while in the oven on 300 so it infuses into the chicken a bit. Baked beans on the side.

Steak, which I was going to grill, but now it is snowing, so that kills that plan. :mad: So, I guess the castiron grill pan will just to have to do. Sliced mushrooms sauteed in butter with garlic for a side accompanied by either green salad or cooked spinach.

mmm, steak, mushrooms, spinach.... one of my favorites. I like adding just a little soy sauce to my shrooms and a few drops of vinegar to my spinach if I'm so inclined that night.
BTW, if you go out tonight, don't let those snowflakes melt you :ROFLMAO:
Just think of that poor grill, out there all alone, in the cold and snow.... feed me, feeeed , meeee!

It's all good. I did a steak in a pan before. Didn't come out half bad either.

:)

It is warm here. My windows are open.

Crab salad with mayonaise/horseradish dressing, among other additions
Fresh sliced mango and avocado
Crusty French bread - I learned to write that because of pecanis - thanks, it sounds gooder!

we had grilled corn beef and swiss sandwiches on rye and some leftover white chicken chili. I just busted out a box of See's Candy now - God help me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom