Dinner, Sat. Jan. 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a skimpy little home made pizza.

well... the Base is great and the tomato sause is great, I have the cheese and an unopened peperoni...

yeah, that`s about it for now, maybe some olives , sliced onions and pickled chilis, but non of the good stuff, Happily it`s Payday on Monday and time to stock up again ;)

Pizza here too... only ours will have a garlic white sauce, sliced skirt steak, grilled onions, swiss cheese and lots of mushrooms on my half.

Tonight will be burgers with cheese, mushrooms and onions, corn on the cob and salad. This was suppose to be last nights meal - :rolleyes:

We had omelets. I'm way low on groceries and was using up what we had. My two youngest girls had parmesan and cheddar omelets, my oldest daughter and I had both cheeses and onions. And we all had sliced avocado on the side. Kids and I used to make little pizzas out of the tubed biscuits, everyone was happy. :)

First course - boston bibb lettuce with grape tomatoes and bleu cheese viniagrette

Second course - lobster tails stuffed with spinach, pignoli nuts, raisins, shallots and truffle oil, topped with the lobster meat. Served with a sancere

Third course - T bone steaks, rare... with sauteed mushrooms and oven roasted potatoes. Served with merlot

I made two loaves of bread.

Dessesrt - orange creme pie with candied orange slices.

Cocktail - Bookers with a drop of water

We are going out tonight.....no cooking or dishes to clean! :) We have an art show cocktail party & then maybe Mexican or Mediterranean.....depends on the appetizers at the party!

just got back from dinner at M&S again. caesar salad, philly cheesesteak albacore tuna though, not beef:huh:
so good.
had to sit down and quick as I went shopping beforehand and needed to regain composer before the mighty walk back.
oh the shopping here is awful oh, um, I mean good, very good:neutral:

It's quiet here today, so DH and I are going to just have some corn chowder and I'm fixing him a sandwich on country style bread of spicy pork sausage, topped with sauted red and yellow peppers and red onions then top that with some fontina and pop it all in the panini maker wil the cheese melts...My sammi is going to be no sausage but it will have a thick slice of eggplant I've breaded and fried, topped with the onions peppers, and fontina cheese...no soup for me but I've cut up some apples,tangerines, celery, melon and made a small fruit salad..dessert I took a sheet of puff pastry and spread it with mascarpone that I'd mixed with toasted pine nuts, spread it on the pastry then I topped that with some black cherry jam. It's baking right now..Have no clue how it will taste but what the heck nothing ventured nothing gained, Right?:LOL:

kadesma

Last edited:
Vera, You meal sounds wonderful.

I am cooking a couple of steaks, with twice baked potatoes, crusty bread and green beans. Dessert is store bought chocolate eclairs.

Today is my son's 4th birthday. (My avatar baby)
There are only 3 things he will eat for sure, spaghetti, potato pancakes, or tacos. He picked tacos.
Then some cake with blue cream cheese frosting!

It's quiet here today, so DH and I are going to just have some corn showder and I'm fixing him a sandwich oncountry style bread of spicy pork sausage, topped with sauted red and yellow peppers and red onions then top that with some fontina and pop it all in the panini maker wil the cheese melts...My sammis going to be no sausage but it will have a thick slice of eggplant I've breaded and fried, topped with the onions peppers, and fontina cheese...no soup for me but I've cut up some apples,tangerines, celery, melon and made a small fruit salad..dessert I took a sheet of puff pastry and spread it with mascarpone that I'd mixed with toasted pine nuts, spread it on the pastry then I topped that with some black cherry jam. It's baking right now..Have no clue how it will taste but what the heck nothing ventured nothing gained, Right?:LOL:

kadesma

please tell me how it turns out. have been looking for dishes with mascarpone in it.

thanks so much

babe

Back
Top Bottom