Dinner, Sat. June 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pizza and Dr Who night tonight :)

if I`ve repaired our gas cooker correctly that is....

Not sure. Today's our monthly "date" day, which means we'll search out a new or favorite restaurant for a nice lunch. We usually have a late lunch, so will probably raid the freezer for any leftover meals stored there.

going to do some burgers out of bobby flays boy gets grill ...

think some mojitos are in order also ...

Probably something from my brother's grill. DH will be helping him roof his house while I'll be playing "barber" to my family.

since traffic was bad and i got home late, dw surprised me with grey sole in lemon beurre blanc (recipe from rachael ray's dreizig minuten essen, zwei . hey, has cara been around?), white rice, and steamed broad (hee hee, alix :rolleyes: ) beans. the sauce was so tasty and light that my son actually drank some from a small bowl with each mouthful of fish, rice, or beans.

it was deelish. i can post my wife's modified recipe, if anyone wants.

i am blessed with a son that is a good and adventurous eater. i can only imagine the struggle that some of you parents have had with picky eaters, especially if they're sick often. that being said, he devours this since it's buttery and lemony, and easy to chew or swallow.

soooo, tonight will hopefully be sushi. and don't stop brining me raw fish and seaweed until i have webbed toes.

I think we are going to have Swordfish in a Sage Vermouth Cream Sauce. Something new I'm trying.

I'll make some rice pilaf and cook up some frozen mixed veggies from the freezor to go with it.

The recipe original name is Red Snapper in Sage Vermouth Cream Sauce, but it said you can replace the fish with some others.

looking at some chicken salad to go with leftover spinach chicken and parmesan cheese casserole. The spinach recipe said the dish could be eaten hot or cold, so may try cold this evening.

We are having chicken and dumplings, fresh green beans, squash casserole and sliced tomatoes and cucumbers. We have really had the rain about 4 inches already and did we need it!

Might ended up switching tonights dinnner to tomorrow night and getting take out tonight instead. We'll see. :cool:

licia said:
We have really had the rain about 4 inches already and did we need it!

you lucky duck! I have all the house windows open, clothes on the line, even pulled the car out of the garage and have car windows down:LOL: , and waiting...........:rolleyes: ....got a 50% chance the next few days.........still waitin.......

bethzaring said:
you lucky duck! I have all the house windows open, clothes on the line, even pulled the car out of the garage and have car windows down:LOL: , and waiting...........:rolleyes: ....got a 50% chance the next few days.........still waitin.......

Miss Beth, get your paint brush out and paint something. It will rain for sure:LOL:

Supper?....I don't have a clue!

legend_018 said:
I think we are going to have Swordfish in a Sage Vermouth Cream Sauce. Something new I'm trying.

I'll make some rice pilaf and cook up some frozen mixed veggies from the freezor to go with it.

The recipe original name is Red Snapper in Sage Vermouth Cream Sauce, but it said you can replace the fish with some others.
PLEASE to post that recipe if you like how it turned out! It sounds wonderful.

Making a quick Leek and bacon tart. Getting ready for company for brunch tomorrow.

I just had breakfast so I have no idea what I will want for dinner. I may order in or just go through my freezer to see if anything looks good to eat.

I'm in the middle of packing to move ... probably going to "fast food" of some sort ... I'm too hot and sweaty to go in some place ... probably going to be Fish n' Chips and the fried vege platter from a place called Zekes (an icon in Ft Worth) via the drive thru window. Where I'm moving is about 20 miles away ... and there is only one Zekes!

Hiya, everyone!

Verabluetinis tonight!!

First, we're having stuffed baby eggplant (stuffed with bread, raisins, feta and toasted pecans)

Then, sauteed soft shell crabs over linquini with a sauce of tomato, garlic, basil and mushrooms.

Pinot Noir - probably Clos du Bois

and more of the rasperry linzer torte for dessert.

Have a great night everyone

We're having burgers topped with sharp cheddar and roasted Vidalia onion slices from the grill tonight. I still have some nice Black Seeded Simpson lettuce from the garden, and Kim bought a few Roma tomatoes the other day, which will be great for dressing the burgers. I'll have mustard and relish on mine...he'll have Miracle Whip.

ChefJune said:
PLEASE to post that recipe if you like how it turned out! It sounds wonderful.

I will definetely post the recipe after I try it. I believe I'll be trying it tomorrow night. We decided to order out instead tonight. I'm getting a steak tip salad. Too tired to cook and not feeling 100%.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom