Dinner Sat. June 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Ok, what is everyone cooking today ? Iam having Boston Butt for sure, sides are up in the air right now.
Update: Sides will be fried potatoes w/onions, corn and cornbread. No bbq sauce today, want it plain. May make gravy for my fried potatoes.

Last edited:
first potato salad of the season, with home grown red skinned potatoes, celery and onions, rest of the ingredients, mayo, eggs seasonings are store bought

burgers on the grill with home made whole wheat buns, spinach, and onions:) and condiments of choice!

Have fun GB!!

We are going out to eat a restaurant. I'm not sure what I'm having yet "lol".

I just asked for help with dining ideas in New Orleans tonight for my dinner.
If anyone answers with helpful ideas, I'll go where it sounds like it has the most potential.​

After having a wonderful lunch that included lasagne as the main course at an Italian friend's house, have no room for dinner. Perhaps a small summer salad and some fruit will do.

I have some chicken marinating in a ginger sesame marinade, plus I saved some to use as a baste as we grill...Don't use anything a chicken's been sitting in to bath them in:LOL:
along with the chicken we have several different salads, one is cantaloupe balls, with bacon, avocado,romaine torn into bite sized pieces then dressed with a french dressing, another is just sliced tomatoes from the garden, with red onion rings, toasted pine nuts, and feta cheese with an herb dressing basil,chives,parsley,salt and pepper, evoo, red wine vinegar.. I made a shrimp, crab, scallop salad with cucumbers, snow peas and celery and some sliced green onions with dressing with rice vinegar, peanut oil, grated ginger dry mustard,toasted sesame oil,sugar,sherry..Some of Giada's pancetta biscuits are on the menu and that is dinner..Dessert is another story, my first try at lemon mousse:ohmy:

kadesma

I was inspired by my beautiful sage growing that I decided to season and brown some chicken breasts in some EVOO that I flavored with garlic/shallot and sage......... I then removed the chicken and made a Sage Butter Cream Sauce in the same pan. It turned out sooooo good. For the side I went out and clipped a varity of fresh herbs (Parsley, Thyme, Marjoram, Sage, Rosemary) and made a dressing out of stale bread and used all those herbs along with other items. We also had seasoned green beans.

appetizer : Asian Salad

main : Char Sui Ribs on the Grill.

side / California Roll

I made a very spicy & colorful tofu stirfry for dinner tonight: cubed extra-firm tofu, bok choy, baby corn, red bell pepper, garlic, onion, reconstituted Chinese Black mushrooms & Wood Ear mushrooms, in a simple sauce of soy sauce, oyster sauce, & a liberal amount of Sambal Oolek (hot chili paste). Served over fragrant Jasmine rice.

Buck's birthday dinner...grilled Angus steaks, sauteed onions with sliced fresh mushrooms, baked potatoes with bacon bits, butter, sour cream, freshly chopped chives, all washed down with a bottle of Killian's Irish Red. Dessert is double lemon cheesecake.

Back
Top Bottom