Dinner, Sat. March 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been cooking every evening since Thursday, when I made a sausage and mushroom ragout over polenta. Friday I made pasta with red clam sauce and dover sole over caesar salad.

Tonight

Roasted beets with goat cheese over boston lettuce, dressed with orange balsamic vinaigrette.

Honey crumb crusted rack of lamb chops with butternut risotto.

Lemon meringue pie.

It's 20 minutes to cocktails....and I have no idea what the cocktail of the evening is, nor have I roasted those beets yet. Time to get busy!

It's not fair---there is no way I can be there in time as there is a 12 hour time difference between us----but I'll certainly drink a cocktail with you in celebration!!:LOL:Botoms up.......

buffalo chicken bites and french fries ...
tons of basketball and a couple beers ..
good day ..

Here is the Cod Veronique. The poached fish is sitting on a circular mold of rice, with asparagus steamed with butter and lemon and covered in a veronique sauce (green grapes, green onions, fish stock and thickened with cornstarch). I didn't end up doing a tomato confit, those are just tomato slices drissled with olive oil and a balsamic reduction and a bit of fresh thyme.

Attachments

• Cod-Veronique.jpg
    Cod-Veronique.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 170
That looks really good, Laurie. I'll take five! :) The grapes look like a nice touch!

Here's what I came up with. I did have the asparagus, too, but obviously there wasn't enough room for it on this plate unless I wanted to add just a few spears for color. I saved about 1/3 of the bunch for creamed asparagus on toast for tomorrow. Hard not to eat them all :)
I tried something different with the grill tonight, I turned on all four burners and left it on high until the first flip, when I turned off one burner and put my garlic bread on. The temp read just about 600F. This 3/4" steak didn't take three minutes and was pink all the way though.... And I love those stuffed sole things from Omaha. I have to see if they run specials on those.

Attachments

• IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0474.jpg
    IMG_0474.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 163
Yours looks pretty good too Pacanis, but I am afraid that much food would last me a year!:LOL: I was thinking of what to do with the rest of the asparagus and you gave me a great idea! I will also pass on your steak method to my DH. He's the grill cook around here!

Yours looks pretty good too Pacanis, but I am afraid that much food would last me a year!:LOL: I was thinking of what to do with the rest of the asparagus and you gave me a great idea! I will also pass on your steak method to my DH. He's the grill cook around here!
Hi Laurie,
we are having some asparagus tomorrow and I got it ready for the oven tonight..Took three spears, wrapped it with proscuitto, then made a mix of buttered bread crumbs, finely chopped parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice,a little parmesan, salt and pepper, onion and garlic powders and put that like a stuffing on top of the wrapped asparagus. Will roast tomorrow and hope for the best...

kadesma

Thanks Laurie.
I'm still getting used to all the heat my grill has. Ducane told me I was only supposed to heat it up on high, then turn it down to medium to cook on. The heat deflectors/flavor bars get cherry red when it is on high for more than five minutes. After reading all the posts here about cooking steak at as high a heat as you can, I gave it a shot. Sure cuts down on your grill time though :mellow:

Hi Laurie,
we are having some asparagus tomorrow and I got it ready for the oven tonight..Took three spears, wrapped it with proscuitto, then made a mix of buttered bread crumbs, finely chopped parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice,a little parmesan, salt and pepper, onion and garlic powders and put that like a stuffing on top of the wrapped asparagus. Will roast tomorrow and hope for the best...

kadesma

Thanks Kadesma, that sounds really good too. In the summer we wrap asparagus spears in bacon and do them on the grill. It is fast, simple and really tasty! I love proscuitto! Have a really great Easter Sunday.

We had a dinner party last night, with a theme of cooking with fresh herbs.

Appetizer: Seafood Cocktail with shrimp and crab, lemon and lime juices, olive oil, jalapenos and cilantro.
Salad: Mixed spring greens with herbed red-wine vinaigrette.
Pasta: Penne with a sauce of 4 herbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic and olive oil.
Entree: Herb-crusted pork loin roast with rosemary applesauce.
Dessert: Specialty-store-bought lemon pound cake with basil whipped cream (I think someone here mentioned making whipped cream in the food processor - it works!).

It was great :)

Pan fried marinated scallops over rice with a bacon and courgette white wine cream sauce. Only problem was I wish I had bought more scallops to marinate!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom