Dinner, Sat. March 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of my brothers, and his crew, are here for the Holiday so I'm going to fix a Mexican themed dinner. We'll be having..........

Mexican Tortilla Soup
Tacos with all the fixings
Homemade Salsa & Chips
Black Bean Salad/Dip
Margaritas

I'm pretty stuffed from the big breakfast I fixed earlier but I think by 6ish I'll be more than ready to dive into this.

pasta with some kind of red sauce. Haven't decided which recipe to use yet....

found a recipe on the web... more of a beef sauce with a little tomato.
It's delish right now but, very very soupy. I'm not sure how it will be after 2 hours at a slow simmer. I'm hoping it thickens up some. :)

Last edited:
We are having our Easter meal tonight.

Baked Ham
Potatoes
Baked Beans
Green Bean Casserole
Corn
Coleslaw
Cucumbers

Desserts:
Cheesecake
Chocolate Pie
Lemon Cake

I am finally getting to those cod fillets. I think I am going to do a Veronique sauce as I picked up some really nice green grapes from the market. I also got some asparagus and will probably do a tomato confit as well with some small vine tomatoes.

I am finally getting to those cod fillets. I think I am going to do a Veronique sauce as I picked up some really nice green grapes from the market. I also got some asparagus and will probably do a tomato confit as well with some small vine tomatoes.
I'll be right over..Do I need a bib?:LOL:
Sounds wonderful...
kadesma;)

We have been "The Apprentice" addicts since the first season, we are also big Trace Adkins fans....
We are going to Quiznos to try the "Cowboy Club" he came up with on last week's episode. :)

giant stuffed baked taters.
lemon creamed chicken in crepes.
spinach salad with wilting dressing/bacon and it's grease [I know, sorry]/red onion/walnuts/mushrooms/hard boiled eggs/house seasoning.
biscuits with butter [which is sitting in one of my new butter dishes]
^^^Uncle Bob, check your pm's please^^^
Birthday cake flavored vanilla ice cream from WalMart.

I've been cooking every evening since Thursday, when I made a sausage and mushroom ragout over polenta. Friday I made pasta with red clam sauce and dover sole over caesar salad.

Tonight

Roasted beets with goat cheese over boston lettuce, dressed with orange balsamic vinaigrette.

Honey crumb crusted rack of lamb chops with butternut risotto.

Lemon meringue pie.

It's 20 minutes to cocktails....and I have no idea what the cocktail of the evening is, nor have I roasted those beets yet. Time to get busy!

I had a hard time deciding, just like last night and that came out pretty good, but I just took a ribeye out to thaw. I'm also going to cook the last of my Omaha Steaks stuffed sole (they were tasty, but small), a baked potato also done on the grill and asparagus. Maybe I'll have a salad, too. And of course garlic bread. And something cold and amber to wash it all down with.

I made Ol' Blue's Melt In Your Mouth Meatloaf (slightly modifed...it was delicious!!) with oven roasted taters.

I think I'm gonna run up to the store to buy my dessert to drink!

Beer & Chinese Food (chicken and fried rice)

Good lord, I'm a mess. Tomorrow Ill have to eat lightly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom