Dinner, Sat. Nov. 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
being as it`s Saturday, it`s obviously Pizza Day.

but I have on a nice Beef and mushroom stew ready for 2moro also, and it`s smelling great already :)

We're traveling to the Outer Banks of NC today and will partake of pizza at the Black Pelican. Since we're traveling we won't be able to see "the game" but GO BUCKS!!!

another saturday, another double shift. :neutral:

not sure if i'm going home for the bath/bedtime routine, or i'll actually get to eat dinner. i'm jonesing for thai, badly.

Sorry you have another extra-long day, Bucky.

DH gave me his work schedule for next week, and I told him that to make up for another looooong week ahead, I was declaring this my night off. We went out for pizza.:)

Saturday night I had some chicken sushi (with lots of wasabi and soy sauce) and some Japanese squid salad that I bought from the shops near my mum's place. She's away so I had to go over to her place to feed the birdies. We don't have a Japanese near me, so I made the most of the opportunity. All very nice, except for some reason they stuck mayo in with the chicken. Nice, but bizarre!

bilby, chicken sushi? i've eaten a lot of sushi, but i've never had chicken before. was it raw? :shock:

and thanks pab. i didn't get to go home OR eat dinner here. had to run sys diags all evening, which only allowed me time to chat here and think about food.

so dinner tonight will be whatever strikes my fancy on the way home at midnight.

maybe i'll have some jellied eels and chicken sushi. ;)

bilby, chicken sushi? i've eaten a lot of sushi, but i've never had chicken before. was it raw? :shock:

I can't answer for Bilby, but I often have chicken sushi - just like normal sushi, but made with (cooked!) chicken instead of fish. Very nice.

thanks stassie and bilby, i'd hoped it was cooked. i've eaten raw fowl before (long story: stuck out in the wilderness, starving, no way to make fire) and it's nasty. raw eggs, ok, but the flesh was tough to swallow.

now that i think about it, i have had a duck roll before, much like a tempura roll.

I'm yet to see duck on any of the Japanese menus over here. Or Thai for that matter!

Raw chicken - you must have been hungry!!! Well at least you're still alive to tell the tale! Main point really init?!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom