Dinner Sat. Nov. 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Making a big pot of chili and cornbread for the "Big Game", spice cake for dessert! "GO BLUE--------------" FOR BO !!!!!!! :clap:

Chicken Marengo - or my version of it.... it's so long since I looked at the recipe, 'my' version just evolves... I remember when my daughter was young she asked 'How come you call THIS Chicken Marengo when it is totally different to the Chicken Marengo we had a few weeks back?' :ROFLMAO:

Ishbel, what's your version like?

It was time to clear some space in the freezer so I have a large package of chicken breasts thawing and am hoping that inspiration comes knocking soon!:rolleyes: I haven't cooked much chicken lately but feel so tired of it. I need to search around here and see if I can come up with any different ideas.

Its Dine with Us Winter get together Menu tonight. Join right in folks! I have to go get a baguette. Hmmmm...or maybe I will make bread today. Its supposed to be gorgeous outside today so I am going to boot the kids out to go tobogganing and they will be cold and snowy and ready to have soup and bread and get warm and toasty.

PA, melt some butter (1/4 cup), put in a blob of dijon (tbsp), a generous shake of worcestershire sauce, and some minced garlic. Drag your chicken breasts through that and then bread them with bread crumbs and parmesan (mix it 1/2 and 1/2). Put them in a baking dish and sprinkle a little extra breading on them, and drizzle the leftover butter mixture on them. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or so and serve with pasta. Mmmmmmmmmmmm! A huge favorite here.

We're having homemade bar-be-que chicken pizzas tonight. I have frozen pizza dough and I use bar-b-que sauce instead of marinara, then sliced grilled chicken breast, caramelized bermuda onions and a spicy jalapeno jack shredded cheese for toppings and a green salad on the side.

Alix said:
Its Dine with Us Winter get together Menu tonight. Join right in folks! I have to go get a baguette. Hmmmm...or maybe I will make bread today. Its supposed to be gorgeous outside today so I am going to boot the kids out to go tobogganing and they will be cold and snowy and ready to have soup and bread and get warm and toasty.

You have snow? :ohmy: Good fun for th kids though. I was going to take part in your winter get together menu, but things changed today, starting with the end of our hot water heater :mad: So, I opted for something cheap and easy and decided on hamsteak with baked potatoes, and some other veggie. A hot shower later will be nice, assuming all goes well with the installation.

Amber, just do the meal when you can. And think of all your DC buddies while you're at it. And YES we have snow! I posted this back in October and we have had lots more since then! Farmer's Almanac said it would be an early winter, cold and lots of snow. So far, they are right on the money!

It's been such a hectic week and I've barely been on here. I miss reading what everyone else is cooking!

Tonight is the first lovely autumn night I've seen since we got back from Florida. It's definitely a hot tub night!

We're having pumpkin ravioli with a vanilla sage sauce.

Then center cut pork chops with a bourbon maple glaze, baked butternut squash, and sauteed zucchini tossed with chestnuts, dried cranberries, garlic and bread crumbs.

I went to B&W bakery for a seven-layer cake.

This menu cries for bourbon on the rocks...Evan Williams. Merlot with dinner and port for the chocolate cake.

I've missed you all!!!

Wow, Vera! What a meal!

I'm having leftover Texas More, a variation of slumgullion. I made an enourmous batch for the deer hunters, and kept out a small casserole for myself.
Kim asked me to spice it up a little for "The Guys", so I added some hot Italian sausage to the ground chuck, and added a sweated chopped onion. It sure spiced up the old kid friendly dish.
"The Guys" loved it.

Chicken fried chicken with gravy, mashed potatos, mac and cheese, okra, and some melon for a salad.

Tonight I had cheese ravioli. B/f had leftover spaghetti.
My son had leftover tacos. It was a leftover night lol.
We're making a huge pot of chili tonight. We'll just
finish it up for tomorrow.

It was breakfast for dinner here. At about 6pm, I had honey bunches of oats. Deciding I wanted something more substantial, I'm now eating... more breakfast. :LOL: Hashbrowns and an omlet with mushrooms, spinach, ham and goat cheese. Rather tasty.

I had venison stew
and Paul had clam chowder.
We're waiting for our tummies to empty enough to
refill with vanilla ice cream!

Tonight it was fresh salmon, seared and baked w/ ginger and tamari, Basmati rice pilaf, and peas/corn succotash. No room for dessert. Gonna be some good omelets for breakfast!

Today, I went to Reno, NV to go grocery shopping for Thanksgiving dinner. After picking out the food, carting it home and putting it all away, I was not in the mood to cook dinner. Knowing this is how it would be I picked up Chinese take out on the way home: kung pao chicken, orange chicken, chow mein, and spring rolls.

Back
Top Bottom