Dinner Sat. Oct. 28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Well, during football game -cheese, sausage and crackers -- Dinner Beef Mac -n- Cheese casserole, salad and White cake w/caramel frosting for dessert ! Later maybe popcorn during movie w/grandsons.

just something simple tonight as I`m exhausted! (moved over 600Kgs of paving slabs this morning) so it`s Porkchops and Fries with some homemade (pre done) BBQ sauce.

not sure yet. there's boneless chicken breasts, a whole roaster chicken, turkey sausage, and ground beef in the fridge. i have the last zucchini, eggplant, and tomatoes from the garden.

i may do a chicken, eggplant, and sausage parm casserole kinda thing.

Got a sirloin tip roast that is going to get cooked tonight. Taters, onions, carrots etc as well. Salad and if I find the time that Apple Caramel cake I have been lusting for all week. I may have to invite the Gramma's to help eat it all!

Saturdays are my favorite day to cook. I'm doing a favorite cold-weather dish that I've been making for years. A bar-b-que beef stew made with dark beer and topped with a cheddar cornbread pudding...good football food, we have this every year on Superbowl Sunday too. Dessert is going to be strawberry shortcake made with store-bought poundcake and homemade whipped cream.

Slight change of Plan, the porkchops are now for 2moro as the chicken nuggets defrosted in the car! so we`re having them and my most bestest fave Ranch salad :)

yes, breaded chicken nuggets, not a WORD!
(at least the Salad`s healthy)

I'm making General Tso's Chicken Wings, egg drop soup and fried rice. I'll send DH to the local Chinese Resturant and grab a few egg rolls as I prefer those to the frozen. Someday I'll try my hand at making those too.

YT2095 said:
Slight change of Plan, the porkchops are now for 2moro as the chicken nuggets defrosted in the car! so we`re having them and my most bestest fave Ranch salad :)

yes, breaded chicken nuggets, not a WORD!
(at least the Salad`s healthy)

This reminds me...

I catered an Octoberfest party a couple weeks back, we had a great spread...sausages, ham, potatoes, all the trimmings and then chicken nuggets for the kids. Well, one of our staff mistakenly put the kid's chicken nuggets on the adult buffet table and they were the hit of the menu! By the time the kids came to eat, there were no nuggets left because the adults had finished them all!

Good afternoon everyone:flowers:

It's been crazy weather here today in northern NJ. Winds blowing like we were at Cape Horn, rain coming in from every angle, and then suddenly the sun appears, just to blacken all over again. Kinda romantic, actually:brows:.

I'm serving the Greek Pumpkin and Cheese pie as a first course (the recipe is currently enjoying high billing on the ethnic board). I added a bit of shallot along with the onion and a dash of nutmeg. It smells delicious. That will be served over a bed of arugula with candied cranberries.

Main course is T-bones, (rare for me, medium rare for Lou {and my kids if they join us}) with a burgundy mushroom sauce, oven roasted fingerling potatoes, sauteed corn cut off the cob, and souffled acorn squash.

I made a triple layer cheesecake for dessert.

Cocktail of the evening is Evan Williams bourbon, bottled 1996, neat. A Nappa Merlot 2002 (don't recall the vinyard, sorry) for the main course.

I am hoping for a spin in the hot tub, too!:in_love:

Flourgirl said:
This reminds me...

I catered an Octoberfest party a couple weeks back, we had a great spread...sausages, ham, potatoes, all the trimmings and then chicken nuggets for the kids. Well, one of our staff mistakenly put the kid's chicken nuggets on the adult buffet table and they were the hit of the menu! By the time the kids came to eat, there were no nuggets left because the adults had finished them all!

I recently catered a wedding....and the bride requested cocktail franks in puff pastry! I could barely keep up with the demand for those suckers!

corazon90 said:
Tonight is the last night of my performance. :( It's so many months of rehearsal and it's gone in one night. I'm gonna miss seeing the other company members every week. That being said, we'll be going out after the show tonight! We'll be going to this great place, here is their menu http://www.bigfatfishco.com/PDF/BigFatFishDinner.pdf
Once again, break a leg! Give 'em something to remember!

The menu looks good--I'll have the "ginger galic miso soup," the "Wakame seaweed salad," and the "Hosomake crab thin roll." Let me know when the first course arrives!:LOL:

SizzlininIN said:
I'm making General Tso's Chicken Wings, egg drop soup and fried rice. I'll send DH to the local Chinese Resturant and grab a few egg rolls as I prefer those to the frozen. Someday I'll try my hand at making those too.
I'm coming to your house, leave the light on ! lol

corazon90 said:
Tonight is the last night of my performance. :( It's so many months of rehearsal and it's gone in one night. I'm gonna miss seeing the other company members every week. That being said, we'll be going out after the show tonight! We'll be going to this great place, here is their menu http://www.bigfatfishco.com/PDF/BigFatFishDinner.pdf

sounds good!!
Paul just said he'd be willing to drive 50 miles for a good dinner.
How far is Bellingham from here?

Oh we are having left over cabbage casserole for dinner tonight.

Last edited:
Just finished picking the last of the herbs from the garden as we had a freeze. I am grilling out salmon and made a mango salsa to go with it. I chop up a fresh mango, add chopped cucumber and red onion. I chop up cilantro and maybe basil as well as a small clove of garlic. I add enough extra virgin olive oil and a dash of lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. It's in the refrigerator marinating for awhile and it should be great.

My mom and spent the day cleaning out my spare bedroom. Because I am acquiring their bedroom furniture now that they are moving and have been using the spare bedroom as storage unit. So, after all that throwing away stuff we were too tired to cook dinner. Luckily, for us the local volunteer fire department was having fundraiser dinner to earn money for some portable water tanks. They served Indian tacos with beans. dessert, and a beverage. Well worth the $10.00 and the money goes to a good cause.

Back
Top Bottom