Dinner - Sat. Sept. 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Tonight will be grilled teriyaki marinated pork tenderloin, grilled asparagus, baked potatoes and warm crusty bread. Later maybe, hot fudge sundae !

Last edited:
now is 9:00 pm in India almost time for supper.

We had plain rice and mourala fish chochchori in lunch.

for supper we will have tarka/tadka and roti.

Gonna be reruns here.
Baked potato soup, pork tenderloin, tri tip, naan, tomatoes, herb barley rice, glazed carrots.
PD's lava cakes were wonderful. I had to put the other 4 in the freezer for later. DH isn't that fond of that much chocolate, but I am and they could be dangerous sitting in the frig for me. I am sure eating those plus dinner last night, put me over the points edge for days.:(

it's raining here, feels like Seattle all over again. YEH!

It's raining here too, so the birthday party should be fun:LOL:
Will be having lemon-pepper wings, dad's avocado dip and thin sliced baguette, ribs,tri-tip, potato salad,chili, bread, and a green tossed salad, grapes and melons...And of course a spiderman birthday cake and ice cream...The best part being I don't have to man the bbq:LOL:
kadesma;)

We may be having tri tip also. I have just one that I've been saving. They are scarce as hen's teeth here. We won't be having asparagus - it was 4.99 lb. As my mother says "that's too much sugar for a dime", whatever that means. I have some very nice cauliflower and make cook that slightly and have a cheese sauce. I've also been wanting to make some pickled beets so I may do that. We still have some banana sour cream coffee cake (enough for two) so that will be our dessert. I also got the last coconut/pineapple ice cream and we will have a scoop of that. Not sure all this goes together, but it is all good. I made a chicken dish last night that was so good and I'll try to post it soon.

Cooking my famous 3 chili, 3 cheese beef enchiladas with a side of Spanish rice and flan as dessert while video taping it for a contest.

We may be having tri tip also. I have just one that I've been saving. They are scarce as hen's teeth here.

lefselover; said:
Yesterday, on sale, major sale, at our local supermarket [if you had/have their card that is] was tri tip. I bought 3 of them, the smallest is what I'm using to make my recipe for tonight. The two others are huge though, and one was $28, I got it for $8 the other was $32, I got it for $9.50. Couldn't resist, always more room in the freezer for those rainy day dilemmas.

I hear I have a really good and strong throwing arm, do you need to to toss you a couple?:-p

dads coming over for dinner. it's his birthday. I'm making chicken enchalladas. A member of the mothers club made us some to help out after Chaunda was born. I loved them so much...I asked for the recipe. I prepared them today and I just have to do the final 15/20 minute bake in the oven. I'll serve a salad with it.

I have two little chickens turning on the rotisserie. One with a rub, the other stuffed with garlic, lemon, fresh savoury, chives, and rubbed down with olive oil and sea salt. Creamy orzo with marinated pear tomatoes, (they smell incredible!!), snap peas, and whatever else I find in the fridge or garden!:)

No dessert tonight, only on Sundays, and even then if if they have been good all week.:LOL:

We splurged and had Taco Bell tonight. :cool: I have the copycat recipes for Taco Bell's Burrito Supreme and Enchirito and would like to try making them at home sometime.

:)Barbara

Lefse, I don't know what the name of the roast or steak includes the tri tip, but we hardly ever see the tri tip for sale. I'd never had it until I went to visit my daughter when she lived in California.

Last night I tried a new recipe from Eating Well magazine - "Sesame-Maple Roasted Tofu". It turned out GREAT & is another one added to husband's list of recipes he'd definitely like to have again.

While the idea of maple syrup sounds strange, it's only a very small amount, & when mixed with the rest of the sauce ingredients (tahini, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, etc.), you don't end up with a strong or sweet maple flavor.

I served it on a bed of fresh soba/ramen-type noodles.

Back
Top Bottom