Dinner Saturday 10/13/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I just slathered bacon grease on 8 large baking potatoes and put them in the oven ( I like leftover baked potatoes). Don't know if they will turn into loaded baked potatoes, or a recently discovered recipe of stuffed green chile potatoes.

What are you fixing?

I made yet another variation of cashew chicken. Tonight's version was the sauce from Laura in the Kitchen, which more resembled Chinese take out than what I have made in the past. Mrs. T prefers the lighter sauce that I usually make, which does not include oyster sauce. It's just chicken stock / soy / rice vinegar / corn starch. In the past I have made a version that includes gin, which gave it an interesting flavor, and was fun to sample as the cook. :)

We’re having hot dogs again. This time with coleslaw on a toasted bun, then topped with doctored mac and cheese.

001.jpg

Grilled Salmon Fillets
Grilled Zucchini
Diced Tomatoes (for DH, NOT me)
steamed White Rice

I forgot to say, this was leftovers from the other night

Last edited:
I made a simple cheeseburger (thin patty) in a cast iron skillet, and some fries -- double fried and served with Whataburger ketchup, which is available now in some stores.

CD

Heard an ad for Whataburger during the Sox-'Stros game this evening (I was listening via my MLB app for streaming game audio) and immediately thought of you, CD. ;)

I did more grocery shopping while Himself had an entire day of Geek Heaven. He was one of the astronomy club members who helped out at an all-day (9-5) STEM workshop being held at Worcester Polytech Institute (WPI) for Girl Scouts in grades 4-8. After that, he did a McD's drive-through (desperate times call for desperate measures when you're short on time and this is the closest option to a freeway ramp) on his way to The Farm for his stargazy night down there. When he came home, I gave him good food - a nice, fresh-made salad, and a big bowl of Capt. Parker's Clam Chowder. Every time I buy a tub at the grocery store, it takes me back to a week on Cape Cod when we got to eat at the restaurant. Yummy stuff with a warmed dinner roll for sopping up every last drop. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom