Dinner Saturday 10-25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
I get to do it again!!! Yippppeee!

I'm still mulling in my head what I want to cook for tonight. Have you got your menu plans made out yet???

I LOVE cooking meals that fill the home with wonderful aromas... I know what you mean goomk... I just loom around the crock pot wondering if it is done yet!

Beef short ribs... with my bbq sauce
baked potato with bacon ( Paul will eat the insides and I'll eat the skins.)
Sliced tomatoes

Well, I couldn't pass up these babies i mentioned earlier in the week, even if they are select. I just wish I had gone back with the meat cutter, apparently she included my fingers in my indication of 1-1/2 inches, not merely the space inbetween, so they are every bit of 2", maybe a tad over :mad:
So here's a quick pic in the package as I have other things to do right now, inluding looking up that reverse sear thread before I cook one up :) If there's a steak that could benefit from RS, it's probably one of these ;) Aside from a big tail, they do appear to have some decent marbling.

Attachments

• steaks.jpg
    steaks.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 186
I can honestly say... I dont know.
Going to MIL's for dinner, she wasn't sure when I saw her yesterday what her plan was.
So..dinner.... TBD!

i'm still here, at work. just me and the squids. :(
somehow i got rooked into working late, and missed out on going to the movies with my boy for his first time. another proverbial dagger in my heart. it's the first "first" that i've missed, and i'm not happy about it.

so dinner tonight will assuredly be take-out, AGAIN. god, i'm sick of restaurant food.

Well after a scary visit to the ER the other day, I finally felt like doing some cooking so......I made a stir fry of chicken, bok choy, onion, garlic & red peppers with a little sesame oil, teriyaki, ginger & red pepper flakes....very tasty

Well after a scary visit to the ER the other day, I finally felt like doing some cooking so......I made a stir fry of chicken, bok choy, onion, garlic & red peppers with a little sesame oil, teriyaki, ginger & red pepper flakes....very tasty
hope alls well grantskat ...

I think I saw pacanis yappin about chili sometime ago. So that is what I am fixing tonight I think! With some cornbread!

Bucky, I'm sorry you're missing dinner and a movie with your son. You work some really long, difficult hours :(

We're making a cheese and onion fondue and have Li'l Smokies, a cubed baked potato and toasted crusty rosemary bread for dipping. Green salad on the side, and butter pecan ice cream for dessert (for me - DH is not a fan).

I think I saw pacanis yappin about chili sometime ago. So that is what I am fixing tonight I think! With some cornbread!

Yappin? Yappin?! :mad:
A Yorkie I'm not! :glare:

mmmm, chili.......
My first chili sans beans :)

Attachments

• chili5.jpg
    chili5.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 170
beef tenderloin rubbed with smoked salt, melange of ground peppers, , seared then topped with mixture of hot-sweet mustard, mayo, dried roasted onion bits, dried red pepper bits, orange zest, and roasted to perfection. Roasted potatoes ( Evoo, dried ground basil, dried ground oregano, himalayian pink salt, melange of dried pepper )
dessert home made vanilla ice cream with dried pineapple and dried cherries in it.

i don't know why i post early. i almost always change my mind.
bought fresh french bread, thin shaved roast beef and had provolone cheese and green chilies put them all together in a sandwich and grilled it.
yummy. few potato chips. dessert? not a clue.:chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom