Dinner Saturday 13th April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight's dinner looks amazing at all of your houses! We decided on steak and shrimp here. Hubby also grilled up some peppers for me (and my son) and potatoes for those who chose to eat them. It sure was a nice meal. We also had a glass of wine. When I was getting everything ready to go on the grill, Hubby fed me smoked salmon on crackers. Yea, I know, that has carbs in the crackers, but he was feeding me! :rolleyes:

Here is dinner.

img_1258141_0_846226fc84b5a8a79c091be2ac515e50.jpg

That is one pretty portrait of that moo-cow. Done perfectly MsM! My sauteed mushrooms would have gone perfectly with your steak.

Had a "super grilled cheese" (fried mozzarella sticks, provolone, and parmesan) with sliced tomato and marinara, and sweet potato fries. And some lentil soup. A little gluttonous I know, but sometimes you just want a good grilled cheese and soup.

Last edited:
Here is dinner.

Prime sirloin steak cooked via reverse searing. I seasoned and let it sit for about 1 hour. Put in 275°F oven for approx. 25 minutes for 2 ½-inch steak till internal temp was 90°F. Then seared on cast iron stovetop grill pan till internal temp was 117°F. I served it with a side of microwave steamed fresh baby spinach. Dessert was strawberry shortcake with a chocolate sponge cake cup and whipped cream to top.

img_1258239_0_846226fc84b5a8a79c091be2ac515e50.jpg

img_1258239_1_586c8e2225f011350af242c450e04186.jpg

img_1258239_2_ae87407cbb1ada83862d42b2a25a71d5.jpg

img_1258239_3_7474e0217cc726a31277507f674b6bf2.jpg

oh lord, oh lord!! msm, you have taken me to the mountaintop once again!
i would kill for just your leftovers today! just the fat edges on that steak!
lovely dessert, did anyone have room for it?
first off, i'm surprised to see prime grade steak available in stores. i want to go steak shopping with you next time, msm, get me some five dollar prime sirloin.:) i'm still thinking 'typo'....

oh lord, oh lord!! msm, you have taken me to the mountaintop once again!
i would kill for just your leftovers today! just the fat edges on that steak!
lovely dessert, did anyone have room for it?
first off, i'm surprised to see prime grade steak available in stores. i want to go steak shopping with you next time, msm, get me some five dollar prime sirloin.:) i'm still thinking 'typo'....
Thank you Vit. I went back and got 4 thinner Prime sirloin steaks for the freezer. They are only about 1/2 inch thick. They do in store dry aging. Every time I go in I look in the case at the slabs hanging in the aging case and I am waiting for them to go on sale. BTW NOT a typo $4.99/lb for real.

Last edited:
Tonight's dinner looks amazing at all of your houses! We decided on steak and shrimp here. Hubby also grilled up some peppers for me (and my son) and potatoes for those who chose to eat them. It sure was a nice meal. We also had a glass of wine. When I was getting everything ready to go on the grill, Hubby fed me smoked salmon on crackers. Yea, I know, that has carbs in the crackers, but he was feeding me! :rolleyes:

Sounds lovely Chops :)

When I was getting everything ready to go on the grill, Hubby fed me smoked salmon on crackers. Yea, I know, that has carbs in the crackers, but he was feeding me! :rolleyes:

There are no calories (or carbs, I suppose) in food that is being fed to you by someone else. All the calories stay with the food handler, so you're safe.;)

Back
Top Bottom