Dinner Saturday 19th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight we are having chicken with pickled peppers. It's a dish with Kalamata olives, shallots, and hot pickled peppers and the pickle juice. I use chicken thighs. We will have it over rice.

Dessert will be chocolate eclairs.

Tonight we are having chicken with pickled peppers. It's a dish with Kalamata olives, shallots, and hot pickled peppers and the pickle juice. I use chicken thighs. We will have it over rice.

Wow. That's a lot of flavor packed ingredients.

That sounds right up my alley... Boneless thighs?

kylie, your dishes are always so beautifully presented. i have come to look forward to seeing your food pics. i hope you have a food album in the works...?.:)

P1000965.JPG

Thank you V, that means a lot xx

That looks delicious, Kylie.

I changed my dinner plans, too. I'm going to grill a ribeye and a potato, saute some shrooms and shallots and the green will be broccoli with slivered almonds and olive oil. Oh, and garlic bread :yum:

Thanks so much Pac, I am loving the sound of your dinner too, oh and so love garlic bread :yum:

Soft shell tacos with leftover steak from last night, shredded radishes and onions, cilantro, squeeze of lime and very hot salsa. No sides.

Nachos with Spanish rice, leftover taco meat and lotsa cheese.

Tonight we're having our dinner club over to the house. The last time our group got together, a couple of the members mentioned that they had never tried rabbit. So since I was assigned the main course and had a couple of bunnies in the freezer, I thought I'd make Lapin à la Moutarde (Rabbit in a Mustard Cream Sauce). I'm serving it over pappardelle noodles with french style green beans and homemade peasant bread on the side. For the wine pairing, I have a nice rosé from the Jura region of France.

I just love making "fancy pants" dinners once in a while. :)
Oh man, that sounds good. Is anyone bringing any sides or dessert?

I love making the occasional "fancy pants" meal too. ;)

oops, I must have posted my dinner tonight in the wrong thread.
Off to look and delete...

Well that's weird. My darn post and picture came up missing :huh:

Last edited:
We stopped to pick up a couple lobsters for dinner because Kathleen is feeling better and was able to get out of the house. She really wanted seafood and lobster sounded great.

So we get to the store and they had some oysters for sample (nice eh?) and she tried one and wasn't wild about them. They had two types and the guy offered her 50 for $39 so we had oysters for dinner. With some corn on the cob (it was not good) and some cole slaw.

We are having pork country style ribs with sauerkraut and mashed redskin potatoes and peas as sides. We will start with a bowl of roasted pumpkin soup that I made earlier today. Sourdough bread on the side with that.

Last edited:
taxy and somebunny--both of your delicious looking dinners have me hungry as a wolf, at 11:45 at night! too late for take-out...either of you up for a late-nite dinner guest? :)

taxy and somebunny--both of your delicious looking dinners have me hungry as a wolf, at 11:45 at night! too late for take-out...either of you up for a late-nite dinner guest? :)

Same here Vit. I made a double batch. You are always welcome! ;)

Wouldn't it be great if we could just "teleport" ourselves and share a meal with our friends here at DC? :)

Last edited:
i'm heading for the border, taxy. can we teleport to our west coast from your place, taxy? that way we don't need to worry about the weather or road conditions. sb says she has plenty of food....:)

i'm so hungry, i could eat a kangaroo....:)

Back
Top Bottom