Dinner Saturday 20th July 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are having Jimmy's Butter Chicken with lemon infused basmati rice and our homemade flatbreads :chef:

We're having chinese - or sweet & sour chicken. My mother isn't adventurous with her meals anymore.

Plus dad tends to moan about anything different. Though he has learned, not to say a word about anything I cook on a Sunday. Cause I just turn round and offer him a chance to cook dinner, as he seems to dislike a lot of things.

We are at McKibbin's Irish Pub. I had the fish and chips. It was excellent. Stirling had the bangers and mash. It came with bacon and onion rings. It was really good too.

Salad and homemade Italian sub. Used Parisian bread, so I guess it was international. ;) Loaded with prosciutto, hot capicola, salami, pepperoni, ham (need something without spice!), mozz and provolone cheese. Baked that all up, then topped with red onions, mild pepper rings, tomato, lettuce and sub oil. :yum: Takes a while to get it just right, but oh is it worth it! The guys at the original Quisno's Sub House showed me how to assemble it when I did a Columbus run for them when Himself and I were engaged and I was visiting a friend down there. Best. Subs. Evah!

"Quisno's Sub House". It was on Chittenden by OSU. The guy who owned it was Charles Quisno. One of his former employees was the one who started "Quizno's Subs" so yeah, they did rip off the name.

One of the reasons we never buy Quizno's. :mad:

Had planned on grilled shrimp tacos......but by the time we finished working in the yard and in the motorhome, we just wanted to sit on the deck and enjoy an adult beverage, however one turned into two and neither of us felt like cooking, so I put a call in to Little Caesar's and ordered a half Hawaiian and half garlic chicken pizza. I had a find raiser card,so got two bucks off the pizza and a free crazy bread......had one more beer with the pizza. ;). All done in now. Shrimp tacos tomorrow night!

Tonight was penne with sauteed garlic in extra virgin olive oil, mixed with some chicken broth and dry white wine, then tossed with roasted vegetables - red pepper strips, carrot strips, red onion wedges, and cauliflower florets. Served with Parmigiano Reggiano.

Tonight was penne with sauteed garlic in extra virgin olive oil, mixed with some chicken broth and dry white wine, then tossed with roasted vegetables - red pepper strips, carrot strips, red onion wedges, and cauliflower florets. Served with Parmigiano Reggiano.

That sounds really nice Merstar :)

Squid stuffed with lobster and baby octopus appetizer - felt like being luxurious. Followed by pork chops in blueberry sauce and Ramsay's quick leek & mushroom lasagna.

I got some grouper at the fish market and pan-seared it with lemon juice, thyme and s&p. I served that with maque choux and rice pilaf made with sautéed onion, garlic, chopped summer squash and zucchini, and chicken broth. It was really tasty.

Squid stuffed with lobster and baby octopus appetizer - felt like being luxurious. Followed by pork chops in blueberry sauce and Ramsay's quick leek & mushroom lasagna.

That all sounds really nice :)

We like the look of a lot of Gordon's food :chef:

Back
Top Bottom