Dinner Saturday 27th April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What? Only Kylie posting on today's menu? Okay.

It's icky here today. Cold, rainy and windy. So....sounded like a soup kind of day to me.

We're having split pea soup with a huge ham hock and meat left (and frozen) from our Easter ham. I made a huge pan of cornbread earlier while the oven was hot after baking bread. There's freshly-made Swiss chocolate bundt cake for dessert, so we're ready for a meal of warming, comfortable food.

We're going to a baseball game tonight with some friends - farm team for the Mets. I will probably have the barbecue platter - pulled pork sandwich with cole slaw and baked beans. Maybe a soft pretzel for an appie :)

I pulled a bunch of dandelions from the gardens (not the lawn, they may have been peed on) and am soaking them. I will attempt to saute them with garlic, bacon and onion. Am brining some chicken breasts I want to grill on the hibachi.

We're going to a baseball game tonight with some friends - farm team for the Mets. I will probably have the barbecue platter - pulled pork sandwich with cole slaw and baked beans. Maybe a soft pretzel for an appie :)

I like the sound of all that GG, have fun :)

We're having pasta with shrimp, roasted red peppers and artichoke hearts in a white wine and butter sauce.

it's getting toward 5:00 pm so I best be deciding what's for dinner...will probably finish off some leftovers of roasted chicken and baked potatoes....unless I stroll over to the bakery:yum:

Made a beef roast with enough leftovers for another meal. Used up some tired but still good mushrooms to add to the gravy. Roasted broccoli since the oven was running already. Trying to build up my leftover supply so I can take a day or two off in the kitchen and try to get something other than cooking done!

Except I just realized that was SATURDAY's dinner.:huh:

Today's dinner will be chicken breasts on the grill. Maybe all six that are waiting cleaning/bagging/freezing. One will have my Penzeys sample of Berbere spices, one will have some Trader Joe's South African smoke seasoning blend. Two will get fajita spices-planning ahead for later in the week with that pair. Thinking something with Mexican spices, rice, canned corn and black beans. Working on it. The jury is out on the remaining two.

Back
Top Bottom